Request: Being able to choose seed for the standard gamestarts.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duncaroos
x4

Re: Request: Being able to choose seed for the standard gamestarts.

Post by Duncaroos » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 01:54

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Fri, 23. Sep 22, 15:55
So, I did several tests to start the game with the custom seed, but I got some strange behaviors.

I started the game using the string "X4_nonsteam.exe -seed 6874134549 -nosoundthrottle -skipintro", the seed is a random number.
So I did several starts, young gun, inexperienced explorer, etc. I immediately saved and checked the seed inside the file...
In all saves the seed number was different.
I tried again starting the custom start budget without changing any options. Same result.
I then started the game using the custom start creative, where I manually entered the number chosen in the box dedicated to the generation of the seed and also in this case the number was different in the save...

Where is the mistake? :mrgreen:
Could it possibly be the number needs to be the same # of digits?
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 02:37

Duncaroos wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 01:54
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
So, I did several tests to start the game with the custom seed, but I got some strange behaviors.

I started the game using the string "X4_nonsteam.exe -seed 6874134549 -nosoundthrottle -skipintro", the seed is a random number.
So I did several starts, young gun, inexperienced explorer, etc. I immediately saved and checked the seed inside the file...
I tried again starting the custom start budget without changing any options. Same result.
I then started the game using the custom start creative, where I manually entered the number chosen in the box dedicated to the generation of the seed and also in this case the number was different in the save...

I found out how now. We can add it in the config file: "C:\Users\*****\Documents\Egosoft\X4\***********\config.xml"

Like this if adding the seed 3044564136

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<seed>3044564136</seed>
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
<borderless>false</borderless>
Credence follow stars.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 03:50

PhotonPulse wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 02:37
Duncaroos wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 01:54
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:

I found out how now. We can add it in the config file: "C:\Users\*****\Documents\Egosoft\X4\***********\config.xml"

Like this if adding the seed 3044564136

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<seed>3044564136</seed>
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
<borderless>false</borderless>

Marvelous! It worked!
Thanks for taking the time to discover the mystery, now we go in search of the wild seed :lol: :lol:
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 07:49

Wouldn't it better to open a "Seed" thread in the spoiler forum? I would like to support my seed there with a description of my exp. with it - but its not a Argon in red start :D

PS: maybe someone can describe how to look or cheat a new start to know how it grows fast?

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Thu, 29. Dec 22, 17:28

Here a seed from the german forum.
Its told that Argon Prime was overrun in under 8h of gameplay. From Google Translate : .....WTF after 8h is Argon Prime: Red of Xenon, Second Contact: Red, Pure Gaze: Red, Blessed Vision: Red...

Another Xenon heavy Seed:

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 11:19

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Fri, 23. Sep 22, 18:20

I can never forget that one of my first starts had Argon Prime red in color, with several Xenon caps destroying everything.
But at the time I didn't have the slightest experience in the game, and I just restarted a new game because I was scared of that start.

Now I regret every day not having kept that save :)
Wow. The seed number can change things THAT much? I've tapped in numbers a couple of times on a couple of starts, but barely noticed much of a difference. Anyway it's nice to know it can happen.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 11:47

Socratatus wrote:
Tue, 4. Apr 23, 11:19
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Fri, 23. Sep 22, 18:20
I can never forget that one of my first starts had Argon Prime red in color, with several Xenon caps destroying everything.
Wow. The seed number can change things THAT much?
You have to take into account the version of the game and the DLC's that were enabled, because all those affect what the random numbers are used for in the generation of the Galaxy at game start, and there have been significant changes in OOS combat resolution between the game versions. The odds of Xenon ship killing someone are not the same today as they were "back then".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 16:24

Got a seed with a really big Xenon fleet entering Hatikvahs Choice I very early (2x I, 6x K)

Code: Select all

5h into the game:

6.0, all DLCs enabled, custom game start (budgeted)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “X4: Foundations”