player HQ

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Re: player HQ

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 11:21

Desire for convenience is understandable. In game as it is now, I do get what I want by doing nothing, while some others have to explicitly transfer credits in order to get what they want. Comfy for me.

A "lets make it automatic" is the worst thing one can ask for. We lose control if that happens. What we should want is possibility to do all the variations that we can now (and perhaps some new), but perhaps with better defaults. (One could even argue that separate accounts on stations and build storages are totally pointless -- one "company", one [player] account. I recall revisiting my stations in Xbtf to collect surplus credits. Surely with "modern comms" all the stations could use my player-account directly.)

Let say a global setting to state how much credits to allocate to a build site (e.g 0--300%). I would keep it at 0%, while someone else would change it to 100%. When we accept change of modules on a build site, the credit allocation is then updated according to that default but we still have chance to override for that station (just like now).

For the record, I have never given any station any credits; automatic use of station funds would thus not affect my "no build funds" policy. Nevertheless, I want to retain full and detailed control on who has (or doesn't have) credits.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 12:04

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 30. Sep 22, 11:21
One could even argue that separate accounts on stations and build storages are totally pointless -- one "company", one [player] account. I recall revisiting my stations in Xbtf to collect surplus credits. Surely with "modern comms" all the stations could use my player-account directly.
That could also cause problems. In most games I run a manually operated trade fleet of L or XL freighters to bring in the bulk of my early-mid game money. Such ships use my main account directly. Have had several situations where I've been in the process of buying myself a new ship & by the time I've finished configuring it my trade fleet has just spent a big chunk of my cash buying cargo & I can no longer afford it. Then I have to wait until some of that cargo has reached it's destination & been sold. My own fault, of course, I gave them those trade orders & specifically commanded them to trade the most valuable & profitable wares in the game (almost every load is worth well in excess of a million credits). However, now magnify that problem if every station I own was also drawing on the same account...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 14:43

Exactly, removal of station accounts would remove one tool to better control the "empire".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”