Suggestion: manually adjust radar display range

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Suggestion: manually adjust radar display range

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 19. Sep 22, 16:06

I would like to be able to have manual control over how far out my radar displays. I would like to be able to use a slider wheel, for instance, to adjust this range. I don't always like how the auto range display functions.

LameFox
x4

Re: Suggestion: manually adjust radar display range

Post by LameFox » Mon, 19. Sep 22, 17:56

Same, except that I always don't like how the auto range display functions. I would much rather set it to a fixed range so that I can use it to judge distance better and not have to worry that my personal S ship sitting on a pad ruins the display.
***modified***

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Suggestion: manually adjust radar display range

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 00:44

To make it clear I think people are talking about the radar map. Between the dynamic scaling and picking up distant objects that might not be relevant to the player it can end up presenting information to the player that is not that useful or helpful. For example, with top-down radar map and dogfighting some S ships it can end up that all S ships appear on top of the player ship due to picking up a distant object meaning it is not useful to know where the S ships being engaged are located with respect to the player.

As far as I am aware radar range, which acts as vision radius for ships, has no negative attribute associated with it increasing and the player should want it as big as possible to be able to see stuff as far away as possible.

Return to “X4: Foundations”