A weapon for the Elite

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sebashaw
x4

A weapon for the Elite

Post by sebashaw » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 14:26

The Elite is my interceptor of choice to defend capital ships and stations, usually I equip it with a Bolt Reaper MK2.

Is there another weapon you I should consider for this role?

What about the Neutron Gatling MK2?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: A weapon for the Elite

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 14:37

Defending from what? I have vastly different fighter loadout choices for anti-capital versus anti-massed fighter/drone wave interceptors. Sometimes I would have both defensive fleets operating against the appropriate incoming threats at the same time, but that is a pretty rare occurrance. Then there is the primarily IS/OOS usage focus to consider.

In my experience, general purpose fighters all with the same generic layout tend to fare quite badly in almost all scenarios unless they also involve very expensive initial set-up costs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 14:46

Tend to use Shard mk2 for my interceptors. Range may be a bit on the low side compared to other weapons, but they do a decent amount of damage & have good projectile speed. Never tried them on interceptors with only a single weapon mount though.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 15:28

Maybe you sshould consider the Burst Ray. Granted the DPS seems low but it penetrates the shields and it is 100% accurate (or close). It can also be used as a "can opener", that is to open lockboxes with medium to high success, depending on the experience of the NPC.

sebashaw
x4

Post by sebashaw » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 13:51

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 15. Sep 22, 14:37
Defending from what? I have vastly different fighter loadout choices for anti-capital versus anti-massed fighter/drone wave interceptors. Sometimes I would have both defensive fleets operating against the appropriate incoming threats at the same time, but that is a pretty rare occurrance. Then there is the primarily IS/OOS usage focus to consider.

In my experience, general purpose fighters all with the same generic layout tend to fare quite badly in almost all scenarios unless they also involve very expensive initial set-up costs.
I use them against other fighters, In Sector and Out of Sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations”