Video: Solving the issue of S torpedo bombers not doing dmg OOS

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Video: Solving the issue of S torpedo bombers not doing dmg OOS

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 01:02

Ragnos28 wrote:
Fri, 16. Sep 22, 00:04
I hate that part, getting the double click right so you can write the exact quantity in the right window of the transfer screen, when transfering mats to the aux ship, is such a pain :doh:
And if you just transfer lets say the entire cargo of missile components, is not any space left for the other materials required by the aux ship. :|
That's one of the reasons why the Teladi carrier & aux are my favourites - good cargo capacity (Condor S. 33.6k, Stork S. 30k). Bigger hold = less frequent ware transfers & plenty of room for slinging around entire M freighter cargoes if I'm in a hurry. Unlikely to be an ideal mix, but can always fine tune it later. It's also just reassuring to know that the 2 XL's in each fleet between them have sufficient storage for over 1,600 Heavy Starburst (probably my favourite missile for fleet use) before they even need to start digging into the supplies in the M freighters.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 07:27

I really wish they would do a pass on all their weapons to make sure they work both IS and OOS in AI hands, because a lot currently do not seem to (particularly as you mentioned above, the AI simply cannot aim a lot of unconventional ones IS, they have no procedure for it) and it's very disappointing to discover. This should really never happen, weapons should not be released into a game semi-functional.
***modified***

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 11:43

I've just finished some more tests with the bomber Chimera wing, with 4 boson lance + 1 torpedo launcher:
- in high attention: https://youtu.be/S7WYD7exEzg
- in low attention: https://youtu.be/zotg-Vk24TY

In high attention:
- the dmg of the bomber wing is done by torpedoes
- the targeting of pilots using boson lance is as "precise" as always, Ks are missed a lot and some hits land on a ship like xenon I, sometimes on surface elements, in an unsuccessful attempt to mimic the efect of blast mortars
- boson lance don't bring much to the "table" while in high attention, only in low attention they "shine", being able to bring down capitals

in low attention:
- I've gave to the carrier the atack orders. That lead to some strange behavior, the carrier recall most of the bomber wing, not sure if for repaires, or because the carrier wanted to reposition itself in order to engage the I in the distance, then launch the bomber wing again. :gruebel:
- if the battle is prolonged, the torpedoes will be spent, so the issue of no dmg from torps in low attention, still rear its ugly head :(

I've also tested the boson bomber wing against a xenon SPP, while in low attention, and they have died in mass, so the boson lance is not the station buster I had hope. I guess in low attention, the SPP turrets also don't miss. :sceptic:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 11:57

As I've explained in this other thread, please provide an unmodified savegame if you have a situation that you think demonstrates a problem with the low attention simulation.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 19:57

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 16. Sep 22, 11:57
As I've explained in this other thread, please provide an unmodified savegame if you have a situation that you think demonstrates a problem with the low attention simulation.
Done: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=449519

Return to “X4: Foundations”