Gambling Den Race - Lose Ship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

willkruss

Gambling Den Race - Lose Ship

Post by willkruss » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 03:04

Hi All,

Is there any way to recover the ship you used to race in the Gambling Den mission with Drek. It's completely unclear that you are going to lose this ship (particularly as Drek specifically says lines like 'after all it's your ship' during the discussion. I unfortunately put my Geometric Owl and best pilot on it, and once you get the blueprint Drek no longer talks to you, and the ship is stuck in internal storage in the station and now owned by 'civilian' according to the save file. As it's in internal storage there is no way to attack it to get it to surrender or get it back.

This has kind of ruined the game for me at this point as I love that ship, and as I'm either stuck going back days as my autosave and quicksave are both past this point, to a really old save or modifying the save file and having the dreaded modified tag forever more meaning no ventures etc.

So in short, is there any way to get it back, or get an equivalent ship?

Cheers,
Will

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Gambling Den Race - Lose Ship

Post by Nanook » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 06:53

It's a Yaki Moreya.
Spoiler
Show
They sometimes appear in random sectors along with Kuroakami as raiders, and can be captured.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 07:25

I'm afraid you're stuck in this... Then again, as Nanook said it has nothing special after you finish the PIO storyline, you can capture one from the Yaki or during the Yaki storyline keep the Moreya instead of the Katana or, worst case scenario, finish the Yaki storyline with "peaceful" Yaki and be able to buy one from them and also get the blueprint for it for your Wharf...

willkruss

Post by willkruss » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 04:08

Thanks guys, at least I know it's possible to get something similar back!

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 15:28

Maybe bumping this up for nothing, but I'm stuck at it. Tried every ship that I could assemble with travel speed over 9200 Km/s but the game does not go further. So, what is it's secret?
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 17:36

The 'secret' is that you will lose the race ship and any reserve pilot. You should 'win' the race eventually in a ship that meets the mission criteria, just keep trying without restarting/reloading between attempts.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 19:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 17:36
The 'secret' is that you will lose the race ship and any reserve pilot. You should 'win' the race eventually in a ship that meets the mission criteria, just keep trying without restarting/reloading between attempts.
I even upped my Geo owl with a super fast engine, and the game will not accept this if I park it in the spot and/or leave the ship. So what am I doing wrong here? (Did not restart from that moment on, now I had a break (diner) and left the game, maybe it will accept it now...)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 11:38

Nope, still hanging in the emptyness of space, no reaction, nothing. So, BUG?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 11:47

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sun, 17. Mar 24, 11:38
Nope, still hanging in the emptyness of space, no reaction, nothing. So, BUG?
Alan Phipps wrote:
Don't try to win the race - so no Geo owl etc. - just something that meets the specs. You will loose this ship like Alan said it already. So it's a rather good thing the Geo owl is not accepted.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 12:13

Mr.Killer wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 19:36
Alan Phipps wrote:
I even upped my Geo owl with a super fast engine, and the game will not accept this if I park it in the spot and/or leave the ship. So what am I doing wrong here? (Did not restart from that moment on, now I had a break (diner) and left the game, maybe it will accept it now...)
You probably don't meet the mission requirements for the ship. Unless modded, combat thrusters don't have the required specs; you need allround thrusters. And like others said, don't use a ship you don't want to lose, because it will get yoinked once you've completed the trail race. Just grab a cheap one that meets the minimum specs and keep going along the race course, after a couple laps you'll automatically proceed with the quest wether your lap times are fast enough or not.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 22:54

Feloidea wrote:
Sun, 17. Mar 24, 12:13
Mr.Killer wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 19:36
Alan Phipps wrote:
You probably don't meet the mission requirements for the ship. Unless modded, combat thrusters don't have the required specs; you need allround thrusters. And like others said, don't use a ship you don't want to lose, because it will get yoinked once you've completed the trail race. Just grab a cheap one that meets the minimum specs and keep going along the race course, after a couple laps you'll automatically proceed with the quest wether your lap times are fast enough or not.
It would be so much better to tell us the type of ship, what kind of thrusters are needed.... It is like being asked to pick a few people up, you go with your car, and there are more than you can transfer, it is silly.
Eventually your comment helped enormous.
Thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations”