[BUG 4.20] Mission - "Missed my ride", unresolvable

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kiwi12

[BUG 4.20] Mission - "Missed my ride", unresolvable

Post by kiwi12 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 22:55

Accepted a mission "missed my ride" with a M ship, where you need to pick up a passenger from a station.
Once you pick him up he tells you where to go, in this case it was an L ship to land on that had no M dock.

Now i cant land on the requested ship and the passenger is stuck on my ship. Cant transfer the passenger on a station.
Docked and aborting the mission makes the passenger leave. So at least you can do that.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 938192527/

spankahontis
x4

Re: [BUG 4.20] Mission - "Missed my ride", unresolvable

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 23:19

kiwi12 wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 22:55
Accepted a mission "missed my ride" with a M ship, where you need to pick up a passenger from a station.
Once you pick him up he tells you where to go, in this case it was an L ship to land on that had no M dock.

Now i cant land on the requested ship and the passenger is stuck on my ship. Cant transfer the passenger on a station.
Docked and aborting the mission makes the passenger leave. So at least you can do that.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 938192527/

I reported a similar problem the other day,
- I Accept Mission
- I Land and talk to Quest NPC to get on my ship (A Manticore)
- He gets into my ship and tells me "He's onboard and ready to go".
- I get no guidance and the mission vanishes off my Mission Manager List.
- But with mine, the NPC vanishes along with the Mission.

I'm waiting for the mission to reappear so I can replicate the bug and put it on a save for the Devs to look at.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

kiwi12

Post by kiwi12 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 07:45

And my next hitchhiker mission wants me to dock at a Split Equipment Station thats just being build. It has 1 defense and 2 connection structures yet, no dock...

Somehow the station is marked as normal station and not as under construction.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:07

There are 3 different issues in this thread, some of which could indeed be improved upon:

1. You are told before accepting the mission that you need to be using an S ship for it, but that currently doesn't prevent you from ignoring the caution anyway.
2. Spank's issue is new to the 5.00 beta and is correctly reported and being dealt with in that beta's forum.
3. The mission only checks that the target station design has a dock and not that it works just now. It can usually be resolved by waiting while it is built or even hastened by assisting with needed building resources.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

kiwi12

Post by kiwi12 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 16:50

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:07
There are 3 different issues in this thread, some of which could indeed be improved upon:

1. You are told before accepting the mission that you need to be using an S ship for it, but that currently doesn't prevent you from ignoring the caution anyway.
2. Spank's issue is new to the 5.00 beta and is correctly reported and being dealt with in that beta's forum.
3. The mission only checks that the target station design has a dock and not that it works just now. It can usually be resolved by waiting while it is built or even hastened by assisting with needed building resources.
1. It says the docking is limited to S ships in the mission description, yes. What it doesnt say is that you cant transfer passengers in an open space simulation between your own ships, so picking up a passenger with a M ship first will breake the mission. A dead end is usually a bug and like in the link im not the first one who ran into it, even with the given description. So i reported it and gave a description how it led there. Where is the issue and whats the improvement that can be provided?

2. Its "correctly" reported, good for all of us i guess? Mine´s not? I used the technical support forum because there were already several other open bug reports and reported mine in the same manner and layout from existing posts. Got moved now.

3. I know what the code checks for... i just found out and thought thats the problem. The code "works", but in the game there is an npc that told me he wants to get off his station as fast as possible and therefore dock at that other station... that has no dock! So instead i need to do an imaginary station building mission and a supply mission before i can resolve the actual mission the game gives me? Nobody would do that. Everyone would abort the mission and do a station building one instead due to more rewards.
The waiting part isnt that attractive either since im already waiting for 4 ships to be build from the same faction for several IRL days now. Their economy must be really struggling.

Return to “X4: Foundations”