Very Pleased with 5.0

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

flatbush71

Very Pleased with 5.0

Post by flatbush71 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 18:27

If I was calling the shots, this is exactly how I would have done it.
I took a long look through the files .............

Yes,Yes & Yes !!!!!! :) :roll: :P

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Very Pleased with 5.0

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 18:47

why not gives us plebs some details of the files :? :D
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 22:07

Not my place to do so.
But I do like / love everything I've seen.
If I can just convince them that three more DLCs after this one will work.
The X4 platform can handle it and has a lot of longevity

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 10:04

idk what kind of response you want? If you would like a discussion we need more details
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:47

Ok, since flathbush71 won't give some details, I will.

Beware, spoilers ahead:
Spoiler
Show
I mean it, heavy spoilers for story, ships, factions, sectors etc. ahead. Last warning.
Spoiler
Show
The station shields that protect you against the Tide are using a special particle called Protectyon. Finding out its secrets is part of the missions. For that you have at one point to race the Astrid, which belongs to the CEO of the Northriver Company. You can't beat him, of course, but you'll try to cheat with the help of Boso Ta: you will use two identical ships and the teleportation tech. I think this is brilliant. :D I won't say how it plays out, though, only that Northriver tries to live up to his reputation of being so fast that he's "at two places at the same time". Anyway, it will lead you to uncovering the secrets of Protectyon.

At the end you'll be able to do, among other: produce the Protectyon yourself, enabling you to build up a rivaling company against Northriver and the Vigor Syndicate (they'll be p*ssed). Or you can take the money instead and gain access to the highest circle of wealthy people.

There are new systems: Windfall I Union Summit, Windfall III The Hoard, Windfall IV Aurora's Dream, Avarice I, Avarice V Dead End, Avarice IV, Leap of Faith (from what I could gather, it will be among the most beautiful, hauntingly so)

The Erlking seems to be incompatible with regular weaponry. Instead, it will have unique M-Turrets (strong version of bolt repeater), L-Turrets (long-range plasma-like cannon) and a main weapon ("which does not suffer from decreased damage output over distance").

New factions inculde: RIP Riptide Rakers and VIG Vigor Syndicate

New gamestarts: Smuggler's Paradise, you start as Ash Zannt with a Raleigh Freighter in Windfall IV and Stranded, as Emry Sloan in a Kyd Fighter in Eighteen Billion.

razor202
x4

Post by razor202 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:16

Spoiler
Show
According to some interviews, below is sure to be the Erlking battleship. :lol:
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by razor202 on Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:45

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 10:04
idk what kind of response you want? If you would like a discussion we need more details
Who says that there has to be a response to every post? (Although, "xyz is broken" posts tend to get plenty of "discussion".)

Frankly, I don't like the times of beta for it is not obvious whether some post on Forum is about the game that is, or about some putative feature that might never be. In that light this thread is unambiguous and I'm happy that a fellow player is happy about something.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:54

This so-called Battleship really takes the crown for being the ugliest ship ever. Very disappointed. Aside from terran and split, x4 ships look really sh*t compared to X Rebirth. Didn't think it was possible to top basegame in that regard. Don't even get me started on the S-"fighters"

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 18:36

flywlyx wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 18:18
Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:54
This so-called Battleship really takes the crown for being the ugliest ship ever. Very disappointed. Aside from terran and split, x4 ships look really sh*t compared to X Rebirth. Didn't think it was possible to top basegame in that regard. Don't even get me started on the S-"fighters"
It is not bad. Dystopia style might not be your taste, and we still have the "hairdryer" as the X4 champion.
But it is definitely too flimsy to be a battleship, I was thinking it is an industrial mothership or something for scrap processing, but a battleship without armor is kind of wired to me.
Yeah, I completely agree with you. Nobody would object a rough industrial ship, but this thing looks like it would fall apart just from firing up the engine. Same with other ships, especially the Argon Eclipse and Terran S Fighters. Structural weakness galore.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 18:49

I have removed more posts from this thread. Anyone who continues to comment on other posters rather than the topic in hand will receive a formal warning. The OP is entirely within their rights not to post what they have found.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:26

Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:54
I wouldn't be sure that this is footage is actually the battleship - the model is very similar (near, but not perfect identical) to what was indicated to be a Mobile Salvage Ship (live stream with Bernd).

My personal bet is that it's not the battleship, but some different ships from the Salvagers factions (e.g. Destroyer? I got the impression that the Mobile Salvager is L-size, so I'd bet on a destroyer).

Here is Egosoft revealed shot of suposed Salvage ship:
https://www.egosoft.com/games/x4/screen ... en_122.jpg

Return to “X4: Foundations”