More mining woes

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sassbarman

More mining woes

Post by Sassbarman » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 09:30

Situation is I’m currently many many hours into a split start and began noticing a shortage in gas at all my stations in grand exchange. I eventually found the culprit in GE 3 where several of my gas miners where clustering around one tiny spot NOT collecting gas. I’ve tried everything I can think of including unassigning them, moving them all to a different sector then reassigning them again... for them all to just fly back to the same tiny spot and do nothing again. Has anyone seen this behaviour before and if yes how the heck did you fix it.
Thanks in advance.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: More mining woes

Post by Nanook » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 09:35

I haven't seen that behaviour yet but you could try blacklisting that sector specifically to your gas miners.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SirBerrial
x4

Post by SirBerrial » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 10:03

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 13:26

Are you sure they aren't mining at all? Or are they just mining very slowly?

I guess you could try the 5.0 Beta since from the patch notes looks like this behavior is better.

Dailyfix
x4

Post by Dailyfix » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 14:27

(playing in the 5.0 Beta) Same here instead of my gas miners mining in the family Zhin where there is 336K Helium and 457K Methane they prefer mining in the Family Nhuut now with a whopping 360 Helium and 850 Methane (no i didn't forget the K or M)

Made a Global order to mine in the Family Zhin and changed the behaviour of the station to have the subordinates mine in the system now everything is up and running again.

Sassbarman

Post by Sassbarman » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 19:02

Thanks all for the replies. Looks like I’m not the only one experiencing this. Frustratingly no concrete solutions other than possibly installing the beta, which to be honest I’m not a big proponent of. Hopefully things will sort themselves out because it’s a real killer to my economy. Cheers

Sassbarman

Post by Sassbarman » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 19:10

Nanook wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 09:35
I haven't seen that behaviour yet but you could try blacklisting that sector specifically to your gas miners.
Is there a blacklist specifically for mining. I ask because I have around 10 stations in that sector that require gas and obviously want those miners to have access to those stations. Interesting I will give it a look see.

Return to “X4: Foundations”