Potential for personal office (OOS and SETA)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Potential for personal office (OOS and SETA)

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 20:59

With regards to the personal office, here are a few things which would make it unique and worthwhile:

1. When in the office, everything, including the sector your hq is in, acts as if it is OOS. The asteroid would still appear outside your window to make it seem like you are in the sector, you just wouldn't see ships flying by. This would help improve performance as you manage your empire from the map.

2. Ability to activate an uninterruptable SETA from your office chair.

3. Ability to interact with your map while in SETA mode

Insects
x4

Re: Potential for personal office (OOS and SETA)

Post by Insects » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 06:32

It needs SETA for sure. And should be easy to add with a check that there is a SETA equipped ship docked.

Though the whole thing is probably better if they just add the manager's office as a room on the new version of XL PAR ship, simply a clone of the room in every reworked XL.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 10:36

that's work for modders, I really don't see devs favoring this type of non gameplay...
You can also park a ship in an empty sector far away from traffic and hit SETA if you really want the game to play alone...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 11:07

Jukebox with selectable playlist - give that there is no music during station walk, this would be very nice addition to play in tha backgroung while sitting and doing map management.

Basically like bar music, but more customizable.

Possibly even adding a folder where we can drop our own music (without making the game "modified")?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 11:07

Diplomacy console that give you direct dialogue/comm to faction representatives.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 11:36

Don't much care for SETA. But I would love the OOS thing. Don't even want a window.
Not so much looking for performance as reducing the load on my system.
I suggest opening or closing the window to be the trigger of IS/OOS.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:46

Bozz11 wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 10:36
that's work for modders, I really don't see devs favoring this type of non gameplay...
You can also park a ship in an empty sector far away from traffic and hit SETA if you really want the game to play alone...
Until the wonderful "encounters" mechanic spawns enemy ships at your location, disrupting SETA and possibly killing you.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:47

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 11:07
Diplomacy console that give you direct dialogue/comm to faction representatives.
That would be wonderful. A one stop place where you can get licenses and blueprints!

Return to “X4: Foundations”