[1566]Beta 5.0 - invisible objects knocking me out of travel drive? - Improved in b4 HF1.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

RentedAndDented
x4

[1566]Beta 5.0 - invisible objects knocking me out of travel drive? - Improved in b4 HF1.

Post by RentedAndDented » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 12:28

Hi everyone,

I have been having an issue since 5.0b dropped in that I keep getting knocked out of travel drive in cap ships. Also, sometimes in normal mode it seems like I am running into things I can't see and have to move around them.

At first, S ships seemed OK, but I think since they are smaller it is just less of an issue, but I have seemed to run into invisible things in fighters too.

I haven't seen anyone else report this. I use an unmodded game with I think, a save started in 4.0.

Has anyone else had this, any ideas at all?

Thankyou

Maebius

Re: Beta 5.0 - invisible objects knocking me out of travel drive?

Post by Maebius » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 15:14

That's not new, I get it on occasion.

It might be wrecks, drones or things like that, but sometimes it's apparently nothing visible.

If you teleport out of sector and back in, it's always (afaik) resolved but it's a real nuisance if you're in trouble, in the middle of a big-ish fight.
Next time I get it, I'll have to make a video as the last few times it happened, saving/reloading cleared whatever invisible junk was in the way.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 15:28

I had this happen 3 times yesterday in scale plate green, totally clear but my asgard stopped. I might be wrong but it felt like it was during a switch between zones.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 09:31

Yep, happens occasionally, this isn't just a 5.0 beta thing though it also happened with previous versions of the game.
Hard to nail / prove.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

RentedAndDented
x4

Post by RentedAndDented » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 14:46

Thanks for the replies, I have had it before but now I am getting it to absurd levels. If I want to cross a big (ie: Tharka's Cascade) sector for example, there are no visual things to run into yet I am knocked out of travel drive 5-6 times. It is making travel extremely tedious and it has only been happening since 5.0b.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 18:21

Like the thing captured L ships used to do?
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 19:10

@ lamefox: I think the captured L ship issue was more abandoned or wrecked pods, LTs and drones preventing the captured ship going into travel-drive because they were stuck in the ship's superstructure and so in constant collision. The OP's issue sounds more like invisible small item encounters happening in free space while already travel-driving.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 02:16

Happen to have repair drones? They break travel drive a lot on L and XL ships.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 04:44

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 19:10
@ lamefox: I think the captured L ship issue was more abandoned or wrecked pods, LTs and drones preventing the captured ship going into travel-drive because they were stuck in the ship's superstructure and so in constant collision. The OP's issue sounds more like invisible small item encounters happening in free space while already travel-driving.
Possibly but in my experience it used to be something that occurred in strangely even increments, after entering travel drive and flying for some time. Ramming something that is there all along seems to have immediate effects as far as I can tell.

However, I never found myself needing to move around invisible objects, so maybe it's not quite the same.
***modified***

RentedAndDented
x4

Post by RentedAndDented » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 05:51

Regarding the repair drones, no I don't, but I wonder if I do have something caught inside. I tried it again and while it seems like I am maneuvering around things at times, I think now it is also like the effect when something is pressing against the hull. I don't know about the S ships, that happened once and not again.

When it knocks me out, it always shifts my steering vector slightly as well. Sometimes there is no continued effect, sometimes it is like I am steering against something, either on the outside or possibly the inside of the ship.

The problem is, it happens with all my L XL ships. Given I just lost a Behemoth because I couldn't get to it in time due to being knocked out of travel that leaves the Syn you get and a Colossus for me. I will keep looking into, I am getting the impression it is unique to me and 5.0b dropping may just be coincidence.

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 08:00

RentedAndDented wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 05:51
Regarding the repair drones, no I don't, but I wonder if I do have something caught inside. I tried it again and while it seems like I am maneuvering around things at times, I think now it is also like the effect when something is pressing against the hull. I don't know about the S ships, that happened once and not again.

When it knocks me out, it always shifts my steering vector slightly as well. Sometimes there is no continued effect, sometimes it is like I am steering against something, either on the outside or possibly the inside of the ship.

The problem is, it happens with all my L XL ships. Given I just lost a Behemoth because I couldn't get to it in time due to being knocked out of travel that leaves the Syn you get and a Colossus for me. I will keep looking into, I am getting the impression it is unique to me and 5.0b dropping may just be coincidence.
You're not the only one with this problem. For me, it's exactly as you describe. And only since 5.0.
In addition, I have the effect that when I teleport to an L ship, I can't control it immediately. I can't change the direction of the stationary L ship as if it is chained. Only when I accelerate a little do the controls take hold after a few seconds and I can steer. Also, the travel mode does not work immediately after teleporting. It is cancelled immediately.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 16:35

Just wanted to add that I had similar problems with more ship rooms mod. Don't know if it's related but maybe since we have new rooms on ships. Also I have this problem only on L/XL ships since 5.0
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 18:02

I encountered something similar.
Did you (OP) recently transfer crew to your ship? When your men change ships, they go into these tiny pods, that look like escape pods.
There was an Asgard that I wanted to capture. To intercept it, I had another one waiting at the gate beforehand. The Marines were gathered from ships scattered around the map.
When it was time, I teleported to the ship, to perform a fly-by-boarding, but the ship constantly aborted travel drive. Only after looking closer I noticed thes flashing "balls" docking on my ship.
As the users before me already pointed out: Just teleport out and back in.

Kiichiuwu

[5.0 Beta 1 HF1] Kicked out of Travel Mode

Post by Kiichiuwu » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 02:37

I'm having a LOT of problems flying around on my Destroyer Odysseus E.
Constantly i'm trying to reach a location in any system on Travel mode and them i'm just kicked out of it, fells like my ship have bumped on the air/something. it just abort the Travel mode.

I dont know the reason, but it just rapenned on Odysseus E so far.

Save: https://mega.nz/file/Y2QGDBgT#MBwDbs64x ... bzjTQ0ImAE

note: something i also noticed is that some paranoid cant sit on the chairs on the crew room, weird....... they just stand on front of them on the flying idle animation....

S!rAssassin

Re: [5.0 Beta 1 HF1] Kicked out of Travel Mode

Post by S!rAssassin » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:49

It`s also affects Rattlesnake, Sin and old Daddy for me. My Katana also get kicked off Travel.

It`s happened also when OOS! Ship sticks and barely not moving!

curiaregis
x4

Post by curiaregis » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 09:04

I'm having this problem too. Has occurred across many vessels (no pattern determined).

Two separate issues:

1. Ships randomly drop out of travel mode and do not re-engage travel mode. Occurs both in-sector and OOS.
2. Ships randomly get 'stuck' in a position while OOS. The ships will not move. Resetting orders or issuing new orders does nothing. Exceptions:
a) teleporting into the ship will make the ship continue with its orders, but only while you are in the ship. Once you teleport out, the ship immediately gets stuck again.
b) saving and instantly reloading unsticks all ships. (until the next time they get stuck)

curiaregis
x4

Post by curiaregis » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 10:41

curiaregis wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 09:04
1. Ships randomly drop out of travel mode and do not re-engage travel mode. Occurs both in-sector and OOS.
Quick update. On this point it looks like ships are colliding with invisible objects. Occurs both in-sector and OOS.

Nailuj
x4

Re: [1566]Beta 5.0 - invisible objects knocking me out of travel drive?

Post by Nailuj » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 22:53

seems to happen to many of us. I managed to reproduce it twice at the XEN gate in Hatikvahs...
An invisible object i could manage to fly around with my old Odyssey.
After reload, this special object vanished, but get kicked out of travel mode everywhere.
sometime drones stop me in silent whitness XX, sometimes invisible ogject that seem to vanish after stop.

When I changed my Ody for a Osaka, I can see an Asteroid spawn and be visible for some millisecond.
Maybe, because the cockpit of the Osaka is a bit further from the ships front as it is in the old Ody?

Never had this in older versions as I remember.

Hope this all helps...
Stell Dich nicht so an!

benito1144

Post by benito1144 » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 19:56

I think it has something to do with the Fly Assist, i have the same problem and when i dissengage the Fly assist it prevents it from happening. Also when i dissengage it the ship dont gain speed (i dont remember if this its suposed to happen this way).

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 01:06

nope i was flying without fly Assist in Silent Witness 1 on Atlas Vanguard and it happened several times, while i did stay away from asteroids & ships with large margin and no one fired on me,
there should be a log which does write object which did caused exiting of travel drive, otherwise it is impossible to understand reason.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”