assigned station miners not returning to station

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

klg90
x4

assigned station miners not returning to station

Post by klg90 » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 09:49

running 4.2

built my first station it has a 2 star manager, assigned a miner which seems straight forward, looking at the order it says sector mine, it happily collects full load of resource, but then it looks for a place to sell the resource in that sector, i might be dumb here but i was expecting it to return to its assigned station and sell its resource to it, the behavior is correct for 2 star, sector miner, so i guess i'm missing a step somewhere. can't find any similar posts. thanks for any help..

Pesanur
x4

Re: assigned station miners not returning to station

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 09:58

Can be for different reasons:

You have put in the station the correct storage modules?

You have check is the station storage isn't full?

And related with the prior, you have set the station to not buy raw materials from other factions? Because if possible that while the miner ship is making it job, that the station manager have bought the needed raw materials to other factions.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 10:08

1. Check if you have solid storage module
2. Check to see if the ship can land (if you have an M miner, you need the dock facility required, same with L miners).

Ahh...w8 a minute, the miner is asign to a station or is a sector miner?

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 16:40

It seems like you have the miner on "Sector Automine" instead of assigning it correctly to the station as "Mine for Commander". Then you need a dock for small and medium miners, or a pier for large miners and a Solid Storage for the ores.

klg90
x4

Post by klg90 » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 18:12

its assigned to the station as a miner but in the behaviour its saying its sector mining and its showing no customers to sell resources to. station has relevant storage and docks, how should the behaviour show up as? station miner? my manager has 2 stars, if i'm correct then the miner should be able to travel 2 sectors and return with resources not look for other stations to sell for? thanks for replies..

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 19:14

Hang on. Are you actually buying the materials in your logical overview of the station? The station needs to be buying the resources that the miner is selling. That's probably it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 19:19

'Sector mining' is what it's doing, mining in the sector so that's ok. A couple more questions. What modules are on your station and do they consume the minerals your miner is mining? Does your station have sufficient credits to 'buy' the minerals? For some reason, even station miners need to 'sell' their cargo to the station.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

klg90
x4

Post by klg90 » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 08:49

Nanook wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 19:19
'Sector mining' is what it's doing, mining in the sector so that's ok. A couple more questions. What modules are on your station and do they consume the minerals your miner is mining? Does your station have sufficient credits to 'buy' the minerals? For some reason, even station miners need to 'sell' their cargo to the station.
my error they are returning just taking a long time collecting resources. The miners are also showing a message saying no vendors in sector to sell to, so am i correct in thinking that the miner will mine then try to sell to other factories within its range if the factory storage is full? or do they just pause?

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 13:22

klg90 wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 08:49
my error they are returning just taking a long time collecting resources. The miners are also showing a message saying no vendors in sector to sell to, so am i correct in thinking that the miner will mine then try to sell to other factories within its range if the factory storage is full? or do they just pause?
If they are stationminers they will only sell to the station that they are assigned to. So if they can't sell there they pause.

Miners not assigned to a station on Sector Automine will sell to any stations within range.

Return to “X4: Foundations”