5.0 Salvage mechanics - possible huge shipyard exploit?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

5.0 Salvage mechanics - possible huge shipyard exploit?

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 23:15

I think many players experienced absolute clusterf*ck and happends around player shipyard, if you allow multiple factions, hostile to eachother to buy ships from you SY, but to beat the living sh*t out of eachother just when barrely steping out of SY.

Now this insanity could once again boots SY profitability, by putting recycle station on the the SY and having free and constant fresh scrapyard all arounf your SY.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: 5.0 Salvage mechanics - possible huge shipyard exploit?

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 00:52

:D I'm kind of hoping this is a thing.
First place I installed the Salvage production modules on is my PHQ with a Wharf churning out ships for all-comers.
Assigned a Manticore to do salvage for the station and waiting for the wrecked junk to roll in ..
.. Well, that is when they get salvaging to work.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 05:48

It is the same thing If you feed their economy and recycle their wreckage. Maybe better efficiency? Since you don't need wasting time in wreckage transportation.
But the result is close enough.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 07:13

Indeed, it is no more an exploit than creating a conflict then selling ships to replace the losses.
Right on commander !

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 08:13

not an exploit, just business! ill defo need to play a teladi when i do this. proffiittttzzzz
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 10:40

Geek wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 07:13
Indeed, it is no more an exploit than creating a conflict then selling ships to replace the losses.
Try having TRI go to war with everyone (or BUC vs HOP vs PAR) + CUB/ZYA war + TER vs ARG/ANT and let everyone buy from your SY.

It's absolute hilarious mess - I don't even teleport anywhere near my shipyard as I'm afraid a stray shot might aggro my shipyard to start murdering my rowdy clients.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 11:03

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 23:15
I think many players experienced absolute clusterf*ck and happends around player shipyard, if you allow multiple factions, hostile to eachother to buy ships from you SY, but to beat the living sh*t out of eachother just when barrely steping out of SY.

Now this insanity could once again boots SY profitability, by putting recycle station on the the SY and having free and constant fresh scrapyard all arounf your SY.
The exploit is to sell to more than one faction from your shipyard. Restrict trade to 1 waring faction and the "exploit" is gone.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 12:07

That's why players should be able to make conflict illegal in their systems, having no punishment for destroying aggressors and maybe some fun gameplay mechanics added along with it...

or make "Police Sector" command actually have a use for it. Kind of why i want to see civilian ships added as well as piracy fleshed out more.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 13:30

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 00:52
:D I'm kind of hoping this is a thing.
First place I installed the Salvage production modules on is my PHQ with a Wharf churning out ships for all-comers.
Assigned a Manticore to do salvage for the station and waiting for the wrecked junk to roll in ..
.. Well, that is when they get salvaging to work.
It's not working now? Just curious as I have not jumped into the beta.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 13:48

Slashman wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 13:30
It's not working now? Just curious as I have not jumped into the beta.
The salvager ships are not automatically working in the Beta atm. You can order them manually, though but there is a bunch of other early Beta shenanigans going on with this feature.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 20:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 23:15

Producing 240 Claytronics and 600 Hull Parts from Scrap Metal requires 138k Energy Cells. With that amount of Energy Cells you could produce about 25 as much by convential methods!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 20:53

I was under the impression that salvage was a new and perhaps less efficient alternative resourcing method for those (less-reputable) factions that would struggle to obtain sufficient (or any) strategic resources by more conventional means.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 21:06

Panos wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 11:03
The exploit is to sell to more than one faction from your shipyard. Restrict trade to 1 waring faction and the "exploit" is gone.
This would actually make a lot of sense. Since the AI can't cope with this exploit this would be the best course of action. Also very easy to implement to the game.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 21:32

The NPC factions really need strategic AI that they temporarily blacklist specific player shipyards should they have issues with the newly built ships dying near the shipyard.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 22:30

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 21:32
The NPC factions really need strategic AI that they temporarily blacklist specific player shipyards should they have issues with the newly built ships dying near the shipyard.
Or don't purchase ships from the shipyard that allows their rival's purchase.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:37

flywlyx wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 22:30
Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 21:32
Or don't purchase ships from the shipyard that allows their rival's purchase.
This. Even both factions should blacklist the player station if it is selling to enemy factions.
Is that simple that might delve in the md files myself with the limited knowledge I have to look at it if can be fixed!!!!! :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”