(Request) Missions to restore destroyed factions.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

(Request) Missions to restore destroyed factions.

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 07:42

Are you disappointing by lost Split faction, while you getting you first money? Didn`t manage to buy faction blueprints?

Dal Busta give to you missions to restore lost mighty of destroyed faction!

1. Dal Busta talk to you: "We should talk..."
2. In HQ: "Have rumor, faction leader is hide on *random friendly station name*, he looks help".
3. Find faction leader and take him to HQ.
4. Take control of any sector.
5. Build defense station, wharf, shipyard, equipment dock.
6. Complete mission for supplying construction site of faction trading station.
7. Transport faction leader to trading station. Give him control of sector and stations, restoring faction on map. This allows you to buying faction blueprints.

Profits-s-s-s-s-s-s...

alexalsp
x4

Re: (Request) Missions to restore destroyed factions.

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 08:16

I support the proposal. It would be nice when there is an opportunity to restore the destroyed faction.

But I think the mission option and, as an option, the head of the destroyed faction escapes to the player’s Headquarters or, for example, to some kind of neutral station or a new Vault station, where you can talk to him and offer a sector as a gift, where the faction will begin the recovery path.

Then the player will have two options for development:
1) completely destroy all
2) Completely destroy everyone and restore factions
Another option, after the destruction of the faction, at any station of the player or Headquarters, add a menu, for example:

Destroyed faction - Transfer sector to faction - Select destroyed faction

which will begin the path of restoration / revival of the faction.

Set a timer to prohibit attacking such a faction for 3 days of game time, for example.

:lol: :)

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 08:25

+1

Great idea!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 08:34

Maybe also mission to restore Xenon?

1. Build shipyard.
2. Gather some resources to it.
3. Dal Busta sends you to Yaki - they know about Xenon strange relay station in deep space...
4. Get sector name, manage to find this station.
5. Scan for xenon virus.
6. Hack shipyard with xenon virus.
7. Fly away.
8. Xenon manage to build its ships, mining and combat, build stations, expanse...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 08:50

Moreover this would also go well with adding diplomacy and agents from X3:FL

IMO Dal Busta intelligence network would be a good...foundation for this.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 10:08

It'd be good if factions had an explicit defeated state that the game acknowledged before offering an option to undo it.

TUAREGS
x4

Post by TUAREGS » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 10:59

Greetings!
Faction Restoration is a GREAT IDEA!
This must be done in the game.
I fully support!

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 11:58

I wholeheartedly support this idea.

In the case of the Xenon, I think this can be simplified if the developers want it more simple :

Dal Busta could have built this miniature Xenon Amplifier : "Yo, from scan data you and others collected while near the Xenon Amplifier station I managed to produce a copy of it's memory routes. If you want I can make you a smaller, portable version of it in order to contact the Xenon outside the gate network. Take this broadcast beacon to any place you like and then get out before they show up"

Once deployed, it broadcasts to Xenon outside the currently accessible gate network, and after a while tons of fully loaded swarm of Xenon S's show up (coming in from outside the sector, via anomalies or by unknown means through the deactivated gates), with more than enough resources to rebuild a shipyard, wharf and solar power plants, along with a big fleet for defense.

TUAREGS
x4

Post by TUAREGS » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 12:22

S!rAssassin wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 08:34
Maybe also mission to restore Xenon? ...
Yes, this is a GOOD SOLUTION for those who want to fight. As an additional option to the restoration of allied factions. :D

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 12:59

Great idea, also agree with having a defeated state for a faction. When you do the restoration mission how about the faction starts in a completely new sector? Some small reward for bringing them back.

in case of restoring the Xenon the mission should look like a science experiment gone wrong.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 13:51

SirConnery wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 12:59
Great idea, also agree with having a defeated state for a faction. When you do the restoration mission how about the faction starts in a completely new sector? Some small reward for bringing them back.
I don't think this would work, for the following reasons :

If the new sector is fixed/specifically designed and placed, this limits the amount of times a faction can come back (since you would only have so many new sectors from which a faction can start new).

If instead the new sector is randomly generated and randomly placed on the map, it would allow repeated and unlimited resurrections of factions, however it could conflict with future updates and DLCs, where there is the possibility of new sectors requiring certain fixed spaces on the map but which could already been taken by faction resurrection spots.

TUAREGS
x4

Post by TUAREGS » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 14:12

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 13:51
SirConnery wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 12:59
... If the new sector is fixed/specifically designed and placed, this limits the amount of times a faction can come back (since you would only have so many new sectors from which a faction can start new). ...
Yes, blocking is possible. But if it is possible to restore a faction in a sector that is interesting for the player, then such an opportunity will improve the game. The player gets more freedom and can realize his ideas.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:35

S!rAssassin wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 07:42
Are you disappointing by lost Split faction, while you getting you first money? Didn`t manage to buy faction blueprints?
That's a good point to start new game and do not make same mistakes! %)
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:37

This would be awesome. Currently I'm playing a game were a mod bug
Spoiler
Show
made HOP reappear post unification in Silent Witness IX right next to my HQ which is in Silent Witness I. It's a bug, but I've roleplayed it that a faction of HOP was disgruntled with the unification and wasn't having it. Also gave a source of those sexy new 5.0 E class paranid ships real close since I'm fighting TRI.
So yes, being able to resurrect factions via missions would be pretty sweet.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:29

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 13:51
I don't think this would work, for the following reasons :

If the new sector is fixed/specifically designed and placed, this limits the amount of times a faction can come back (since you would only have so many new sectors from which a faction can start new).

If instead the new sector is randomly generated and randomly placed on the map, it would allow repeated and unlimited resurrections of factions, however it could conflict with future updates and DLCs, where there is the possibility of new sectors requiring certain fixed spaces on the map but which could already been taken by faction resurrection spots.
These are more practical issues than design limitations. You could definitely code it so that new randomly generated sectors are placed in a random location. And when a DLC is released with new sectors if they overlap the random sector the random sector is moved to a nearby location but still connected to the same gate. I could probably even code that.

Is there some issue that you oppose with these new random sectors as a design?

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:40

Personally I would like to restore Yaki. They are kind of undead (no defence or storage modules on their only "station", so no crew would spawn there, ever) now :(

TUAREGS
x4

Post by TUAREGS » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:10

Alm888 wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:40
Personally I would like to restore Yaki ...
Yaki, Split, any faction can be restored. A very useful addition to the game.

Miravlix
x4

Post by Miravlix » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 13:52

You guys need to start playing this game, it already has automatic faction restoration build in.

It used to be that if you unified Paranid, HOP and PAR would resurrect and come back as factions in random neutral sectors.

Since this has not been mentioned in patch notes, I assume the automatic faction restoration system is still in game.

It might be a problem to trigger faction resurrection, the "perfect" faction destruction of the unification quest might be hard to duplicate.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 14:14

Miravlix wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 13:52
You guys need to start playing this game, it already has automatic faction restoration build in.
As far as I know, at least in the case of the Xenon it doesn't really "work", though, as once the Xenon have been wiped out once there is no one who could provide their station plots with resources in order to rebuild.

TUAREGS
x4

Post by TUAREGS » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 15:10

Miravlix wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 13:52
... it already has automatic faction restoration build in ...
Does not work:
Alm888 wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:40
Personally I would like to restore Yaki. They are kind of undead (no defence or storage modules on their only "station", so no crew would spawn there, ever) now :(

Return to “X4: Foundations”