5.00 Beta. Nice job on the new map screen

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirConnery

5.00 Beta. Nice job on the new map screen

Post by SirConnery » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 23:31

The changed map screen is a really nice improvement. Those gray icons popping in when you zoom the map makes it much more manageable to my eyes when the actual icons pop in.

I think you changed the color shading a bit too, but I can't be certain if it isn't just my eyes playing tricks on me. It just looks a bit more professional now.

The small info screen for ships on the down center of the screen is awesome. Finally a quick way to glance on what my ships are doing. If you can add Hull Integrity there that would be nice. A quick glance on if the ship needs repairs.

Something to note though. What stands out now to me is the 3 upper right corner icons. The info, legend and filter settings button. Actually all of the grey big buttons stand out in this new layout style as some sort of a placeholder. Give the buttons a shaded 3D edge or something if you want them to fit better in the new layout. Some work for your UI designer.

Return to “X4: Foundations”