5.00 Beta RC 3 now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

5.00 Beta RC 3 now available

Post by Gregory » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 19:20

[Update February 28, 2022]

X4: Foundations 5.00 RC 1 now available

We're only two weeks away from the release of the new X4: Tides of Avarice expansion and the accompanying major update for X4: Foundations itself. We're therefore moving from Beta to Release Candidate (RC) versions, and RC 1 of 5.00 is now available for download. As you can imagine, we're not adding major new features at this late stage, and are concentrating our efforts on fixes and smaller improvements. You can find the changelog in our forums.

X4: Tides of Avarice - content creator videos incoming!
If you're not afraid of spoilers, you'll no doubt be excited to hear that the first videos featuring X4: Tides of Avarice content will be hitting the web tomorrow. A curated group of content creators has been given access to the closed beta version of X4: Tides of Avarice a few weeks ago, and have been playing this not-yet-final version. Starting from tomorrow, March 1, 2pm CET (1pm GMT / 8am EST / 5am PST), these content creators will be allowed to upload their videos. Keep your eyes peeled - or give them a wide berth, if you prefer!

Thanks a lot for the support in the beta testing phase!
[Update February 23, 2022]

X4: Foundations 5.00 Beta 6 now available

Today we have yet another new beta version of the upcoming big 5.00 update for X4: Foundations for you. 5.00 Beta 6 is now available for download, and you can find the changelog in our forums.

As you may have already seen, we recently announced the release date for the 5.00 update and the new expansion X4: Tides of Avarice. Both the new expansion and the free update will be available from March 14, 2022. If you'd like to support us, X4: Tides of Avarice is now available for pre-purchase on Steam and GOG.

If you're into the music of the X universe, there's another important date for you this week. That's because on Friday, February 25, we're releasing the soundtrack to X4: Tides of Avarice. You can listen to the preview on our YouTube channel and then add the soundtrack to your wishlist.

Thank you for your participation!
[Update February 16, 2022]

X4: Foundations 5.00 Beta 5 now available

We have continued to work diligently on the upcoming 5.00 update for X4: Foundations over the past week, and today we are releasing another new beta version for you. 5.00 Beta 5 is now available for download. You can find the changelog in our forum.
[Update February 9, 2022]

X4: Foundations 5.00 Beta 4 now available

We are fast approaching the release of the big 5.00 update for X4: Foundations and, as you might already have been expecting, we have an update of the beta for you again this week. 5.00 Beta 4 is now available for download. You can find the changelog for beta 4 in our forums.

Thank you for your participation in the beta!
[Update February 3, 2022]

X4: Foundations 5.00 Beta 3 now available

New week, new beta! X4: Foundations 5.00 Beta 3 is now available to download, bringing further additions and fixes to the game. The complete changelog for 5.00 Beta 3 can be found in our forum.

This week, we'd especially like to draw your attention to the new player office, which was introduced in the first 5.00 beta. We've received a lot of feedback on this over the past few weeks and, based on that feedback, we've taken it up a notch by allowing you to use SETA while sitting in your office or standing at a terminal. We look forward to seeing how you like this new opportunity!

[Update January 27, 2022]

X4: Foundations 5.00 Beta 2 now available

As mentioned last week in our news about the start of the 5.00 beta, you can expect regular updates as we approach the release of 5.00 and X4: Tides of Avarice, the forthcoming expansion for X4: Foundations. True to our word, 5.00 Beta 2 is now available to download, bringing further additions and fixes to the game. The complete changelog for 5.00 Beta 2 can be found here.

A special note about the new alarm sounds that you will hear when an enemy is approaching and attacking: the sounds currently being used for this are placeholders; the final sounds will be added in an upcoming version of the 5.00 beta.

[OP January 20, 2022]

The next chapter of X4: Foundations starts today. You can now participate in the Public Beta of the major 5.00 update of our current game. With the 5.00 beta version of X4: Foundations, you will get a first taste of the latest developments and our future vision for the game. For the full change log for 5.00, please visit our forum.

When the free 5.00 update for X4: Foundations is released later this quarter, it will, among other things, introduce a series of new capital ships. These ships have been re-imagined, and a new range of improved models will now be on sale at various shipyards. A number of factions in the game will gradually start using these new and improved ships. The 5.00 update will also bring AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) to X4: Foundations, using a collection of cutting-edge upscaling technologies to boost performance.

20220101_X4500_Ships.png

Have you ever come across a shipwreck and wished you could use it in a profitable way? With the introduction of a new gameplay mechanic, salvaging and recycling become important elements of your universe. Tow the wreck with a tug ship, take it to a scrap processor, and find out what happens.

Wouldn't it be great to have a place where you can relax in a comfy chair, while you govern your empire or reminisce about your accomplishments? Space adventurers should take a closer look at their headquarters in the 5.00 beta - there is a lot to discover!

How do I take part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 5.00 beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum, where they will find the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.

This is just the start of the 5.00 Public Beta for X4: Foundations. The beta will be updated regularly over the next few weeks, so keep an eye on our news channels to avoid missing anything.

X4: Tides of Avarice - Wishlist now
X4: Tides of Avarice is the third expansion for X4: Foundations and will be released in the first quarter of 2022. Find out more in the reveal news, and wishlist it today!

If you haven't already done so, we suggest you check out the interview by content creator Captain Collins with Egosoft founder and CEO Bernd Lehahn, which took place in early December 2021. Their chat will give you some additional insight into what to expect in the major 5.00 update to X4: Foundations and the upcoming new expansion, X4: Tides of Avarice.

We would like to thank all our beta testers for their contributions. We hope you enjoy trying out the 5.00 update, and discovering its new features!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

chew-ie
x4

Re: 5.00 Public Beta now available

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 20:21

Aaaand he is back! :mrgreen:

Let the Beta begin :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 20:43

When you say range of new captial ships in 5.0 do you mean just the updated paranid available in this initial beta or are there more to show as the beta's go on?
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 20:48

Just wanted to give a quick but massive WELL DONE! with the Paranid ship redesigns!
I just looked them up ingame and they all (XL and L ships) look absolutely amazing and much more detailed than the old versions.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 20:59

Are the DLC starts and custom starts supposed to work? Because I'm getting requires Split V and CoH from those and custom game (budget) just hides the ui and the background leads to nowhere (-> have to kill the process or even hard reboot).

(no problem here with the vanilla starts though)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 21:04

taking over spare seats on ships is a nice touch

I think somit wrong with ssr tho, or has it been turned down a bit as not getting as many reflections now.

audio bug in managers office when next to one on the right where padlock is on screen, its all distorted and echoy.

Loading my normal unmodded save it was stuck for a min or two at 74 percent. I almost alt and f4 but luckily it continued but still that big pause is new to 5.0.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 21:25

magitsu wrote:
Thu, 20. Jan 22, 20:59
Are the DLC starts and custom starts supposed to work? Because I'm getting requires Split V and CoH from those and custom game (budget) just hides the ui and the background leads to nowhere (-> have to kill the process or even hard reboot).

(no problem here with the vanilla starts though)
It sounds like there is something wrong with your game installation. Please use the Steam or GoG client to verify your local files.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 21:30

Skeeter wrote:
Thu, 20. Jan 22, 21:04
I think somit wrong with ssr tho, or has it been turned down a bit as not getting as many reflections now.
I'm not aware of any changes to SSR.
Skeeter wrote:
audio bug in managers office when next to one on the right where padlock is on screen, its all distorted and echoy.
Please report issues like this in the Beta Feedback forum.
Skeeter wrote:
Loading my normal unmodded save it was stuck for a min or two at 74 percent. I almost alt and f4 but luckily it continued but still that big pause is new to 5.0.
Don't assume that just because the counter doesn't change there is actually a pause in loading. The percentage counter shown is updated based on previous loading runs, so there can be occasional "blips" when there is something more to do in one particular loading process. In particular, when loading a save into a new version for the first time, there can be one-off patchcode to run which wouldn't be taken into account by the counter. You should find that the counter runs more smoothly when you load and save using the new version a few times, unless of course you then go back and load an older save again.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 22:11

Skeeter wrote:
taking over spare seats on ships is a nice touch
I did not notice that. It seems to be WIP though, as you can't do anything when sitting but I am happy like a child. :D Finally my virtual legs can rest :D
Btw. there are also new hallways (random) and ships now have additional rooms.
Either I skipped all of that in the patchnotes or this is indeed still WIP. :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 22:19

Great to see the silence broken with a new beta 5.0. This looks like a great list of features. Thanks.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 23:39

Sick,

I'm wondering about this part from the changelog
Improved choice of mining location by mining ships.
What does this mean in practice? Will station miners mine focus on their own sector for example if resources are available there, rather than sending ships 4 jumps away?
F signature

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 23:46

Yay, 5.0 finally!

Time to grab a coffee and go through the patch notes. Why is that always such a pleasure..?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

kroobzh
x4

Post by kroobzh » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 00:53

Great update! Special thanks for the work chairs on the ship! I would like more interesting interactions on the ship in the future)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 07:34

I have but a one question:

Does or does not HQ Player Office have a huge plant placed inconviniently in front of the desk?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 08:05

"Added several new achievements."....

+26 hidden achievements...

Our definitions of several are clearly very different, lol.

Looks like a good update! Thanks for the continued work!

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 08:44

Pretty sweet new designs
Basically the old ones but much sleeker, pretty good.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 11:16

On bridge of terran supply xl (honshyu?) if i access any of the three front consoles, navigation,fleet etc the hud dissapears and i have no way of disingaging the console, the game does not freeze but i cannot exit them or walk away etc. hard shutdown to windows and reload is only option. perhaps this might be true for all terran xl bridges.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 11:25

dougeye wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 11:16
On bridge of terran supply xl (honshyu?) if i access any of the three front consoles, navigation,fleet etc the hud dissapears and i have no way of disingaging the console, the game does not freeze but i cannot exit them or walk away etc. hard shutdown to windows and reload is only option. perhaps this might be true for all terran xl bridges.
Please create a bugreport in the beta forums. Thanks.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 11:49

Was there some change with the friendly fire behaviour with friendly factions which isn't stated in the changelog?
I replayed a battle with many ships where i got nearly instant rep-loss before and now i don't get any friendly fire rep-loss. which is good :)
Or is this just coincidence?

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 12:47

C'mon, post some nice pics of the redesigned Paranid ships and their stats for us :D
Also, what are the "special" NPC's that give new quest chains? Colour me intrigued! :gruebel:

Return to “X4: Foundations”