Fragile ship extraction how to deliver

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HEKPOMAH
x4

Fragile ship extraction how to deliver

Post by HEKPOMAH » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:09

I've taken the Fragile ship extraction mission. My marine has boarded the Manorina (Gas) Sentinel ship. Then I've teleported to it and flew out of the minefield without any damage. After that, I've repaired the hull to the 100% level with a spacesuit. Then I have docked at the destination station. Transfer dialog has appeared but the Transfer ownership item was grayed out with the hover message "The ship was not in its original condition". OK, I've upgraded it by the crew, shield, and turrets, but it is still not acceptable.
Is there any possibility to know what exact ship condition is acceptable for the transfer? Or it should be upgraded to the latest engine, shield, thrusters, etc regardless of its original state?

jlehtone
x4

Re: Fragile ship extraction how to deliver

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:24

The only times I've taken those missions I've claimed the ship myself and flown it directly to the station. No repair, no refit.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:31

Indeed, the mission description in this case is correct, the owner wants it back in the original condition. Not upgraded, not repaired to full. Has to be the condition you found it in. Owner likes his dented, rusting spacewreck with outdated gear. Repairing & upgrading it just kills the soul of that dear rustbucket he loves.

HEKPOMAH
x4

Post by HEKPOMAH » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 09:07

OK, I can dismount all equipment and make damage to the ship hull to set it to its initial 70%.
But how it is checked by the game, and what if during delivery some Khaaks or Xenons will attack this ship and did some additional damage, or I will catch a mine?
I think that it would be good to have a checklist for that to not to forget it.
Anyway, thank you for the suggestions.

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 09:20

I'm not sure this is what happend but I remember when you claim a ship with a marine sometimes turrets or weapons explode.
maybe the ship doesn't have the correct turrets/weapons anymore?

what I do with the mission is, I shoot the mines around the ship. It asks a litle aiming yourself because its hard to select them.
then I capture the ship myself and fly it to its destination immediatly. I never had issues with it like that.

HEKPOMAH
x4

Post by HEKPOMAH » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 09:32

Yes, you're absolutely right.
It has no turrets and no weapons (this type provides no weapons but can have up to 2 turrets). Also, despite it being a Ministry (MIN) ship it's equipped with Split equipment.
However, I have no idea what type of turret(s) should be installed. There is no "miner" turrets. I've equipped it with the Pulse Laser turret. Maybe I'm wrong.
Seems that claiming the ship by myself is the best idea. And - yes - destroying the minefield is not trivial because it's not too easy to select the targets.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 10:50

I've never shot those mines. There has always been an opening wide enough to walk in and fly out.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 13:29

HEKPOMAH wrote:
Thu, 20. Jan 22, 09:32
it's not too easy to select the targets.
use long range scan and select them on radar, they much easier to select than xenon L turrets on very large Xenon solar power station (some of them have more defense modules than xenon defense station).

MasterDragoon
x4

Post by MasterDragoon » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 23:08

I would claim it manually, you get more reward for it. marines risk damage. Since you modified the equipment there isnt an easy way to complete that particular mission. Well it be a lesson learned I guess

Return to “X4: Foundations”