question regarding unexplored sectors

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Halpog
x4

question regarding unexplored sectors

Post by Halpog » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:00

hi all

so when i start a new game, i have the starting sector explored, but no other.
lets say i explore 3 more sectors.

what about all other secotrs ? if is like the time stops in this sectors ? or can it happen for example, that when i start exploring after 100 hours of gameplay that all other secotrs are taken by xenon ....
i mean the time goes on, and it dosent matter if they are unexplored or explored ?

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Re: question regarding unexplored sectors

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:16

Unexplored sectors are still loaded & simulated in the game, doing their things, so indeed, it can be that when you set out to explore, the xenon have taken it already, or other such stuff.

The X universe is alive & does its thing, even when you don't watch or explore. It results that every game is unique, sometimes in small ways, sometimes in big ways.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:46

Possible, very very unlikely. Most likely they've taken a few sectors after a hundred hours.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 02:39

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:16
Unexplored sectors are still loaded & simulated in the game, doing their things, so indeed, it can be that when you set out to explore, the xenon have taken it already, or other such stuff.

The X universe is alive & does its thing, even when you don't watch or explore. It results that every game is unique, sometimes in small ways, sometimes in big ways.
It's one of the reason I find X4 so compelling. It isn't like Elite where if you leave a system, there is no simulation, or have ships that simply spawn on your position to give you a random fight, and otherwise do not exist in the game universe in your absence.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 10:42

ok thnx all

Return to “X4: Foundations”