Player HQ blueprint - is it obtainable?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sandtrooper

Player HQ blueprint - is it obtainable?

Post by Sandtrooper » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:32

Hi everyone.
(Later - corrected): 'Research Module' required not HQ as such...
The HQ is not a ship construction facility (or is it?) without a warfe/shipyard bolted onto it. can't even reverse-engineer any more unless installing the mod that was created for that purpose :'(

Acquiring module blueprints of other races is straightforward albeit a drawn-out process (return to ship each time before detonation to avoid loss of reputation etc) but but but but...

After several reloads and detonating countless EMP bombs on the surface of my PHQ, then scanning over fifty data leaks from my spacesuit (groannnn), I've still not managed to acquire the blueprints. :evil:
Can the HQ blueprint be obtained via the scanning of an EMP-induced data leak or must it be scripted into existence? :gruebel:
I wouldn't usually feel inclined to replicate that freighter trap but, having seen and downloaded a few xml files of other players' station plans, some of these have incorporated the HQ and the imported plans flag the absence of the above blueprint - rendering any construction of these impossible.

I saw an assortment on pictures where other players have managed to create a functioning (meaning: freighter friendly/non-trapping) HQ complex - keeping the docks away from that central pebble and even different elevations so, I thought I'd have a go. Sadly, impossible though with this ever-elusive blueprint.

Some players have gone to great lengths to create some fantastic complexes that are as aesthetically brilliant as well as self-sustaining so, it'd be nice to appreciate these in 3D so to speak.
Any help would be very much appreciated and thanks in advance.
Last edited by Sandtrooper on Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:44, edited 2 times in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Player HQ blueprint - is it obtainable?

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:38

You cannot "hack" to get blueprints HQ and ship production modules (e.g. Shipyards).

At least not without the mods.

However, you can pick to have HQ via custom gamestart and selecting proper HQ plotline completed.

Sandtrooper

Re: Player HQ blueprint - is it obtainable?

Post by Sandtrooper » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:48

Thanks for the prompt reply. Having started out as the Terran cadet and managed to drag my reputation up a steep hill with all but the usual three suspects (Xenon, Ka'ahk and Yaki), the PHQ was the result of plot and not via an auto-start. That might be another time in the future though...

Return to “X4: Foundations”