Giving most Terran sectors to Yaki?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cmdr_Go'Gen
x4

Giving most Terran sectors to Yaki?

Post by Cmdr_Go'Gen » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 20:37

I'm in control of all Terran sectors (see pic), most of which I planned to give to ARG by selling admin defence stations to them... but... what would happen if I sell those to Yaki (+27) instead, to spice things up?

Any idea how the game mechanics would, in the long run, "make use" of the situation if YAK receives most of Terran sectors? They should be in war with everyone, so would they build stations and fleets and spread?
Thank you for your thoughts!

Side notes:
- TER is pushed to Brennan's Triumph, Gaian Prophecy and Segaris, where they happily live with PIO (I'm -30 with both).
- ZYA is spreading fast, many northern sectors are theirs
- XEN no longer exists
- I plan to recycle most of my fleet and retreat to Earth/Moon/Mars/AsteroidB where I have PHQ/megafac and all minig stations (and peacefully wait there for Tides of Avarice :)
- And... This is still my first ever save from X4 beginnings so by now the galaxy is full of life, and yes after long hours of playing I do tend to use a few mods here and there to shape it for my own lore, thus keeping the universe interesting. If you have problem with use of tools, please refrain from criticizing.

raUlo
x4

Re: Giving most Terran sectors to Yaki?

Post by raUlo » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 20:50

The Yaki don't have the ability to own sectors, meaning they will not build anything outside Savage Spur I.

In my game they were pretty much inactive until I pushed the ARG to claim all sectors from Tharka's Cascade to Matrix #79B. Then they started offering all sorts of missions, including station building. And I don't think they construct stations themselves, unless the player accepts these missions from them.

I constructed 5 defence platforms so far and about 10 other stations, but they're all in Savage Spur I. They build wings of M/S ships and send them around the universe, but that's pretty much it

Cmdr_Go'Gen
x4

Post by Cmdr_Go'Gen » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 20:58

raUlo wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 20:50
Oh, that's a bummer. Had no idea YAK are fixed.
Well, in that case, I'm open to suggestions from all to whom to give/sell the sestors, still to "spice things up" :)

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 00:16

Split maybe? They enjoy fighting the Argon & from the Sol system they can fight them easier.

paiku
x4

Post by paiku » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 17:56

You can't sell stations.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:38

raUlo wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 20:50
I constructed 5 defence platforms so far and about 10 other stations it
What happens if you construct defense stations for them and destroy all other defense stations/shipyards/wharfs in that sector, will it still be a neutral sector?
I know this is the case for SCA (even if you build defense stations for them in a neutral sector, they won't take ownership of the sector).

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 00:52

They can own sectors, they just don't do anything with them. They don't expand or really build much of anything. Anything you do build for them still needs supplies through multiple Xenon sectors, where mining and trade ships will constantly be under attack. They're in an absolutely terrible location. If you do build for them, best to build shipbuilding wares, that can directly supply their wharf.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 02:14

YAK have no capital ships in vanilla and only really crap ones in VRO if memory serves. So yeah, they might "own" a sector for a bit if you give it to them, but it won't be for long.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 00:16

You can give sectors to HAT, but that's about it as far as minor factions are concerned.

When you look at your faction relations menu, look for the little byline that says "this faction does not seek sector ownership" or something to that extent. All factions that have that little line won't have functioning admin modules, so even if you give them one, it won't count towards sector ownership.

Return to “X4: Foundations”