trade ship filled storage capacity efficiency

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Waltz9

trade ship filled storage capacity efficiency

Post by Waltz9 » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 00:10

Hello Egosoft

Can you please do something about the trade ships filled storage capacity because the way things are now, you can't work effecient.

I work in a transport company irl and to make the most of money we try to get our trucks filled with goods all the time.
When you deliver goods from point A to point B and you truck has to return.
We will always try to send the truck to another point to get retours.

Here in X4 the filled storage capacity limits us to do things like that.
When you use repeat orders for example you can fill you ship with goods but even though the goods are deliverd. The filled storage capacity will stay at its max which prevents us to get other goods on his return.

A work around would be to fill your ships storage to half so it can make a return with other goods but thats not efficient at all to send half filled ships all the time.

My request would be to remove the filled capacity part so we can always fill the ships to its max on every stop. Or make this stat more dynamic so it go down when a delivery request is appointed.

I know what I ask isn't an easy task because in repeat orders you never know in advance how much of the wares will be sold and how much space you will get back after a delivery but you guys on egosoft a smart enough to figure this out.
I sure hope something could be done about that.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: trade ship filled storage capacity efficiency

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 10:22

Waltz9 wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 00:10
When you use repeat orders for example you can fill you ship with goods but even though the goods are deliverd. The filled storage capacity will stay at its max which prevents us to get other goods on his return.
Are you talking about this issue: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=443622 ? The second post contains a work around.

Return to “X4: Foundations”