Boso Ta story visibility

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sugi
x4

Boso Ta story visibility

Post by sugi » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 00:09

I often notice, that players seem to miss Boso's story in most starts. I'm talking about players that don't look up all details about a game in a forum or walkthrough or similar.
The game gives just a single hint that you could fly around stations and scan signals.
If you miss that hint - and it's very easy to miss if you're overwhelmed as you just started a new game and don't know what all of these messages mean - it's gone and never reappears. If that happens, there's a pretty high chance that you will not start that pretty basic story that opens up a lot more options and miss out on a big part of the game.

Could there be another hook into the story? Hatikvah is one option, you hear a broadcast, they're looking for help and there's a decent chance you check available missions... if you happen to play in that area of the universe.
Maybe a friend of Boso that's noticed they've not responded to any of her messages and is looking for help from the player, if the player hasn't started the plot within e.g. 1h of the game start? That friend could point to a station where Boso was last seen and mentions that there could be data leaks that could be scanned.
Or it directly hooks into the story and the friend has already got contact to Boso and forwards the connection, if the player accepts.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: Boso Ta story visibility

Post by Geek » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 00:13

It is already there.
If you miss the scan hint, Boso will contact you when reaching +10 reputation with any of the main factions.
Edit ; some miminum time is needed too
Last edited by Geek on Wed, 12. Jan 22, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
Right on commander !

sugi
x4

Post by sugi » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 00:29

Ah, I did not know that and never experienced that as I never waited that long :)
Thanks for clarifying.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 02:00

I also think that the Borons message will connect from nearly any station leak although there is a cool down if you decline him initially.
no absolute need to do the signal leak turorial.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 02:11

Actually any mission on any ARG/ANT/TEL/MIN/PAR/HOP/ZYA/FRF station about repairing leaks will have Boso Ta asking for help.
I never go searching for it, just choose the kind of Frigate I want (Cerberus for ARG/ANT, Osprey for TEL/MIN, Gorgon for PAR/HOP, random for ZYA/FRF and Osprey if you use the CoH starts) and start looking for a mission to repair leaks. If one is careful you get both the PHQ plot and the mission, if not you just get the PHQ and have the repair mission cancelled.

Insects
x4

Post by Insects » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 03:16

The Teran start shoves it right in your face as a major disruptive part of its main quest line.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 09:19

I don't scan stations because almost always the first leak is the signal leak of Boso Ta and I seriously do not want to listen to that monologue again and again. (I always say "NO!" to it.)

Since 4.00 the game has "Messages" system that pops reminder occasionally. I think I've got 2-3 pleas to look for Boso. I let them dry out.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Insects
x4

Post by Insects » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 11:06

So you have no capability to ship-mod or get free blueprints all so you don't have to listen to him for a little bit?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 11:34

Insects wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 11:06
So you have no capability to ship-mod or get free blueprints all so you don't have to listen to him for a little bit?
Any number of credits is way cheaper than listening to a Boron. :shock:
Make an übership? Maybe later; I'm good with stock. You are free to oneshot Xenon I's; taking one with plain Phoenix is more fun. :split:
It is almost a cheat that my crew can teleport across Galaxy. Real men wear the suit ... :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 11:36

With the current version, I did it once normally and have since started custom start (budgeted) with the HQ + Boso Ta.
Otherwise I'd have to hear his plea every time with the 1st mission data leak scan. Better to be able to research (usually I don't start very soon) without having to go through the slow quest again that's mostly traveling.

TER starts get the hq in another way. At least the Project Genesis one is something that can't be missed by any new players unlike the older leak scan.

Anyway, even if you start with the hq, Boso will still almost immediately bother the player. That sensor blocking ship which is bothering his astronomical observations. Almost as bad as the old monologue being totally uninteresting compared to whatever you are doing.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 11:06

magitsu wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 11:36
Anyway, even if you start with the hq, Boso will still almost immediately bother the player. That sensor blocking ship which is bothering his astronomical observations. Almost as bad as the old monologue being totally uninteresting compared to whatever you are doing.
Yeah but that basically kickstarts the Terraforming questline which eventually evolves into an end-game experience once the player does it.

Yeah, I kind of agree though, it could be more subtle. Maybe if the player had the option to "hang up" a call right away instead of waiting for the call to disappear after a while?

Return to “X4: Foundations”