travel/activity blacklist question.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

travel/activity blacklist question.

Post by oddgit » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 20:03

I recently took over Atiya's Misfortune I, At the beginning of my game i set no travel and no activity to sectors own by the enemies. Didn't want random miners and traders wandering through xenon space. Now that i have turned the sector green, miners arent going there, i did delete and rebuild the blacklist incase that was a thing, you never know. But miners sill arent going there. i dropped resource probes, is it that it just takes time for my miners to realize that it is open, or is the resources just low and they ignore it?

af_2017
x4

Re: travel/activity blacklist question.

Post by af_2017 » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 00:04

It is not related to sector travels, the miners just think that there are more resources in other sector(s) .
The question "how to make my miners mine at specific sectors" is rather popular.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 06:35

I figured it was something like that, Saturn 2 is a pretty mineral rich sector.

Specific sectors sounds easy enough. make a specific travel/activity whitelist with the route to the sector. Or, level up an auto miner, set it to the sector you want it to mine from, set its max gather range to zero and create a blacklist to trade only with your faction. After my station auto miners level up enough, i switch them to expert auto mine so if one factory is full, usually my ice refineries, the miners will gather other stuff for my factories.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 04:17

Mining is a pain in the ass now. Stick a few resource probes down in misfortune sector. Wait and see if anyone mines there. Then stick probes up behind any ship that has a mine command there. I build my miners with probes just so they can put a probe down wherever they decide to mine. Eventually you will map out resource zones.

Insects
x4

Post by Insects » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 05:01

To create a universal single sector order just make a global order which bans everything and assign it to the station in that sector, or the mining fleet there.

Bans don't apply to a stations home sector, so the result is that they obey the order to stay within home sector.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 09:04

builder680 wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 04:17
Mining is a pain in the ass now. Stick a few resource probes down in misfortune sector. Wait and see if anyone mines there. Then stick probes up behind any ship that has a mine command there. I build my miners with probes just so they can put a probe down wherever they decide to mine. Eventually you will map out resource zones.
Wow i did not know they drop resource probes, i will start adding them to my ships.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 15:17

oddgit wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 09:04
builder680 wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 04:17
Wow i did not know they drop resource probes, i will start adding them to my ships.
They don't do it on their own. You have to watch and see where they decide to mine and tell the ship to stick a probe there yourself. Which is easier because you built the ship with probes. But you have to do this over and over as they decide to mine different spots... like I said it's a pain in the ass. But eventually, you blanket an area over time. The probes make them mine faster, or so I have read.

Return to “X4: Foundations”