"I'll wait for you to undock" is a major problem - Option in a future build.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Re: "I'll wait for you to undock" is a major problem

Post by grapedog » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 11:09

I just stand on one of the defense stations I've built.... problem solved forever

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 12:38

Nanook wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 19:07

The problem here is that the last order you give a pilot seems to stick as the default.
Egosoft really needs to make sure the order queue gets cleared after an AI pilot completes a one-off order. :roll:
that's why i insist that in case of default behavior is hold position,
orders(both in right click menu & in queue) should be Fly to and Dock to, without any wait.
in case of other behavior any correction of lines which correspond to default order (follow for example) should lead to Fly order without any wait,
and also default behavior hold position should also hold orientation.
grapedog wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 11:09
I just stand on one of the defense stations I've built.... problem solved forever
not with constantly removing wait for signal from queue after you teleported out from stupid ship to manually correct some things, and expect it proceed with orders,
especially if those orders is Flee.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 12:46

I think you can safely tie this wait before undocking issue in with this 'Wait for Signal' issue (and maybe the long-obsolete order still left at the top of the order queue issue) as similar sometimes unintuitive/unexpected player asset behaviours.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:52

The next version will add options to control whether ships will wait for you in the Global Standing Orders menu.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:55

Thank God!

Best update ever 11/10 just with that one!

Now I have to overcome my induced psychosis to avoid stations with my ships traffic.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 04:25

florianlt wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:52
The next version will add options to control whether ships will wait for you in the Global Standing Orders menu.
Yay!

Techedge
x4

Post by Techedge » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 20:10

florianlt wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:52
Good news! :)

Jaskan

Re: "I'll wait for you to undock" is a major problem - Option in a future build.

Post by Jaskan » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 19:44

there is an x4 mod on steam called "remove wait for you".

Or is it on nexus , if not then try steam

Galinet
x4

Re: "I'll wait for you to undock" is a major problem - Option in a future build.

Post by Galinet » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 11:30

I have not tried v5.0B so don't know what has changed but for me the "wait for me" thing is not a big deal:
  • I can give the ship the order to come back
  • I can teleport to it
This is mostly an early game concern that can easily be resolved.

I would like a slight change of vision, changing this topic to one of "Wait for further instructions", a command I could give a captain to not move the ship, to keep it exactly where it is.

There are two situations that annoy me:
  • I take a ship to a station to deliver something to a bar and want my ship to remain docked
  • I position a ship at a particular position and the captain moves it, either because it had other commands (such as buy/sell to a station), because it is assigned to a station (and that manager tells it to do something else) or because it is part of a fleet (and it wants to follow that commander's instructions).
Most annoying of all is when I position a destroyed near a station to destroy it and I do not want the captain to move it. So I would gladly transform the "wait for me" thing for a "Don't you dare move this ship" instruction.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 11:33

Galinet wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 11:30
I would like a slight change of vision, changing this topic to one of "Wait for further instructions"...
No, please do not derail this thread. If you want to discuss this, please start a new thread, or find and use one of the existing ones.

Return to “X4: Foundations”