Asgard finally !

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

steph_m37
x4

Asgard finally !

Post by steph_m37 » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 10:22

hi!

After 19 days and a few hours, the first Asgard rolled out of the shipyard. - :thumb_up:

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/WO7APmrh.jpg

It is a backup started in 2019 she has seen all the updates 8)

:arrow: Video

Steph
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 28. Dec 21, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversize image -> link.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

af_2017
x4

Re: Asgard finally !

Post by af_2017 » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 15:35

Cool.

Got my first Syn in 4 days, bought terran specific blueprints only for shields, main weapons and engines, L ship production module.
Next day got Asgard, after getting additional blueprints and production.
Built both without turrets, drones with one captain, bought missed equipment from other factions.

That's different, it saved me from understanding production queue/setting up factories and mining resources for goods required for the ships. I just manually ordered L transporter to get the goods. And is not that expensive as I expected.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 08:43

HI !
af_2017 wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 15:35
Cool.
Got my first Syn in 4 days
:D I'm awfully slow first Syn at the end of 18 days, everything is accelerated from 4.10 for me, I didn't have a lot of stations, and I mainly took care of
the strategic maintenance of the Xenon portals by killing all the transport that came out (from the beginning) and finish the Terran story, Argon,
Yaki story there is no more xenon in their sector, I still have the Split and Paranid story to do, which means that currently I no longer have a Xenon threat
on the map, The Syn and the Asgard arrived too late :D, It's especially since the redesign of the station editor that I started to build a lot more stations.

But I forgot the Delilah (Syn) that I have for a very long time, obtained by the Terran missions, And as I don't have a high level of strategic development
in games in general, I cleaned up the Xenon sectors only with the Syn Delilah and two Rattlesnakes as well as a Katana team, Which I added units to over time,
I did pretty much everything OOS, In addition I do not use SETA practically, so it lasts a long time.

I'm going to start looking at the terraforming missions side, and see what I can do at the HQ station which is basic for the moment.

I obtained the steam success "A heart for pirates" saved the Yakis from Xenon, there are only 1.2% of players who have it according to steam, it doesn't seem like much to me.

Steph.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

GreySiX

Post by GreySiX » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 20:52

Congrats.

I've been whacking XEN installations with a group of four of those.

Now if only I could prevent the occasional idiotic captain from impaling he and his entire crew against the graviton guns, instead of just pounding the stations with ranged weaponry - I'd be content.

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 11:13

Hi!

:mrgreen:
GreySiX wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 20:52
Now if only I could prevent the occasional idiotic captain from impaling he and his entire crew against the graviton guns, instead of just pounding the stations with ranged weaponry - I'd be content.
it happened to me too, a moment of inattention passing in first person view, and alert message few second later "Hit" lol, re-passing in map view as fast as possible to see that the destroyer is right on the station
Time to tell him to escape and ....... too late ...
another time in IS combat in the destroyer by jumping into another station, I forgot to remove all orders and my little commander happily took over this original position by passing right over the station ......
The most stressful is my teams of 18 katanas and the groups who do not follow the leaders and who go to the penultimate point of the leader's checkpoint
while I called the leader back to avoid the team being destroyed :o
So that the two imbeciles are knocked out, I noticed that the function recall the subordinates does not work sometimes.
But eventually got used to it and now I'm careful not to fall into the trap of AI :x4: (since 4.20 the OOS is much more dangerous for me :D )

Steph

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 12:20

Even SCA Stations can have enough turrets to kill an Asgard. How do I know? Well, ... I was the pilot myself. :oops:

Company motto: Boss does it first.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 14:54

steph_m37 wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 08:43
I'm going to start looking at the terraforming missions side, and see what I can do at the HQ station which is basic for the moment.
After 11.5 days in the game I have completed SCA terraforming.
I started it because of exceptional mods to make my Asgards beams better mostly to clean Xenon sectors.
Well... when I got the mods no Xenons left in my game. Last two sectors cleared terrans with teladi.
No work for the Asgards left in may game except destroying Kha'ak installations.
Good game :/

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 10:03

Hi!

af_2017
I am playing vanilla (858 hours save), but it's on once the xénons disappeared, the game is either continued its expansion with the stations (commerce and lots of money),
or we start to wage war on Split, paranid and teladi to claim all sectors.
It is my final objective to have the whole map in Green and that only the Terrans remain.
My Asgard will have something to do later.
But terraforming before!

Message par jlehtone » lun., 10. janv. 22, 11:20
Even SCA Stations can have enough ......
It happened in my case with a Xenon station at 0 there was nothing left, by passing OOS the Syn and the Asgard were destroyed :o
Probably a module that is rebuilt with turrets, even IS Xenon turrets are very powerful either we stay at a distance or have destroyed them by targeting them.

Steph

Edit : af_2017
I'm not sure if your message has been translated well into French, But when you talk about mod no Xenon,
Once all the stations have been destroyed, can the Xenon appear again? (I am not doing research on this topic yet)

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 12:16

steph_m37 wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 10:03
I'm not sure if your message has been translated well into French, But when you talk about mod no Xenon,
Once all the stations have been destroyed, can the Xenon appear again? (I am not doing research on this topic yet)
I had a couple of the games with no Xenon left. What I have seen: they do not reappear.
They do couple of attempts to rebuild defense platforms but that ends with nothing since they have no ships left.
The "mods" I was talking about are weapon/chassis/shields upgrades to increase ships' performance, I am playing vanilla game also.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 16:48

af_2017 wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 12:16
I had a couple of the games with no Xenon left. What I have seen: they do not reappear.
They do couple of attempts to rebuild defense platforms but that ends with nothing since they have no ships left.
A local example: Xenon have Shipyard, Wharf, and one station build site in Atiya. No ships. No resources in SY and Wharf. They can't build S ships. Without S ships they can't gather resources (and there is no place to collect ECells from there). Present, but dead in practice. The stations can still devour some ANT/HOP/TER ships, but that is all.

The only chance that place has is that some Xenon S can sneak through enemies from other Xenon areas. Very slim chance.

Almost all other factions do have some non-enemy relationship. Somebody willing to sell resources to them, hire a Builder Ship to them, etc. Xenon don't.

af_2017 prepared to War against Xenon properly. Gathered the best possible arms. That preparation took so much time that somebody else killed Xenons. Stole his Maximum Overkill. :lol:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 18:21

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 16:48
af_2017 prepared to War against Xenon properly. Gathered the best possible arms. That preparation took so much time that somebody else killed Xenons. Stole his Maximum Overkill. :lol:
not a problem. Because I had one game where I saved Xenons from terrans, placed satellites in their sectors and was watching them happy growing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 22:07

Hi !
par af_2017 » mar., 11. janv. 22, 11:16
The "mods" I was talking about are weapon/chassis/shields upgrades to increase ships' performance, I am playing vanilla game also.
Ok thank.

Steph.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 22:44

af_2017 wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 14:54
:o That took me circa 1 RL year (without using SETA). After Terraforming was introduced I started the SCA mission and just completed it a few weeks ago.
Not regretting it though, its been a bit of a juggling act re-configuring the PHQ repeatedly for each part of the terraforming (so as not to make an FPS crippling sized station), but very interesting endeavor. The big prize for me is the training of pilots, well worth doing.

---------------

Congrats on the Asgard steph, I have three of them on patrol supressing the CUBs and occasionally drag them across a few sectors when the Xenon try to come back, very nice battleships to have :)
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 11:03

af_2017 wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 14:54
steph_m37 wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 08:43
I started it because of exceptional mods to make my Asgards beams better mostly to clean Xenon sectors.
Well... when I got the mods no Xenons left in my game. Last two sectors cleared terrans with teladi.
No work for the Asgards left in may game except destroying Kha'ak installations.
Good game :/
What am i going to do with five then?
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 16:51

dougeye wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 11:03
What am i going to do with five then?
I keep my in several areas protecting position for potential cases if I will need them.
As I said, so far they were required to destroy Kha'ak installations.
Also I need one to destroy station in scope of Split story.

Return to “X4: Foundations”