Can I transfer weapons from one ship to another?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

Can I transfer weapons from one ship to another?

Post by Poacher886 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 12:40

Is this possible in a Warf or similar ?

AdrianWir
x4

Re: Can I transfer weapons from one ship to another?

Post by AdrianWir » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:20

You can't do this. Not in X4.
Laptop ASUS | Ryzen 5 3550H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX1650 - X4 works fine... until you have a huge fleet and lots of stations :)

XUDB forum

xant
x4

Post by xant » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:26

You need a wharf/shipyard or an equipment dock for that, as weapons etc. are all fixed to the ships.

But there's no cost in doing so (well, if you don't count the time you need to spend), you get the same money for unequipping as you pay for equipping.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 14:48

xant wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 13:26
You need a wharf/shipyard or an equipment dock for that, as weapons etc. are all fixed to the ships.

But there's no cost in doing so (well, if you don't count the time you need to spend), you get the same money for unequipping as you pay for equipping.
Although logically, you should only get a 50% refund of the equipment cost when you unequip, because the wharf/equipment dock only receives a 50% refund in materials which you unequip (eg if if cost 100 hull parts to make originally, when unequipped, it only gives back 50 hull parts). But logic does not always apply in this game.

Also, energy cells getting refunded? What's with that? The energy from the energy cells would be consumed in the manufacturing process, there's no reason you should be able to simply get all the energy back just by breaking it down into the original parts.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 16:08

Well, I'm not saying how it should be, I just say how it is. :)

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 17:15

Nope, makes being a 100% pirate kinda hard, since you cant steal weapons off of other captured ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations”