Captain Collins Livestream with Bernd Lehahn on December 9th, 2021

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Captain Collins Livestream with Bernd Lehahn on December 9th, 2021

Post by Gregory » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 15:26

Time to get out the calendars and mark December 9th in red. That's the day when Egosoft founder Bernd Lehahn will be paying another visit to X4 pro Captain Collins on Twitch. Starting at 6pm CET (9am PST / noon EST / 5pm GMT), the two will jump into an approximately one-hour conversation about the past few months of X4: Foundations and, of course, the freshly revealed, third expansion - X4: Tides of Avarice.

So, best follow Captain Collins' Twitch channel today, and set a reminder for the stream on December 9th, 2021, 6pm CET.

PS: If you missed Bernd's previous visit to Captain Collins in spring 2021, you can watch the recording here.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

YuqiSatori
x4

Re: Captain Collins Livestream with Bernd Lehahn on December 9th, 2021

Post by YuqiSatori » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 09:35

Nice. Probably cant make it to the livestream but will definitely watch the VOD afterwards.
Captain Collins makes some good content.

Harag
x4

Post by Harag » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 21:38

No thanks, hate twitch and all it's constant flashing of "user x subscribed" "user y followed" etc.... I'll wait for it to be uploaded to you tube and hope I don't see all that rubbish.

Yes, I'm anti social. But looking forward to the "interview".

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 22:11

Harag wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 21:38
No thanks, hate twitch and all it's constant flashing of "user x subscribed" "user y followed" etc.... I'll wait for it to be uploaded to you tube and hope I don't see all that rubbish.

For a few interview streams, from Captain Collins there was very little to none "subscribe notification pop-ups".
He's not some major streamer who have subscribe/donation pop-up every 5 seconds.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:07

You forgot to ask about X-22 :(

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:12

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:07
I think he did say they're not sure that there won't be more expansions. Depending on interpretation, that might mean it's not a TC/AP like relaunch. :gruebel:

Nothing about reverse engineering or otherwise getting non-module BPs either. I guess I will just have to see what people say when it releases.
***modified***

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:19

LameFox wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:12
reverse engineering or otherwise getting non-module BPs either. I guess I will just have to see what people say when it releases.
I think that the answer to the question about new piracy mechanics pretty much says that we are not getting anything new in terms of actual pirate gameplay. To me its quite surprising as I really feel like many of the systems are very barebones and we're about to get a 'piracy' dlc, and boarding itself is in need of a few critical updates at least to make it not so easy to exploit.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:22

Yeah, I haven't much hope for it at the moment. It's disappointing, because to capture and reverse engineer ships was one of my favourite parts of X3. In X4, even boarding them sucks, because you can't recover weapons, and neither can you steal blueprints to install your own. So either I have to use mods and forefeit any future online gameplay elements, or simply give up and turn to other games for pirate gameplay.
***modified***

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:44

LameFox wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
I think he did say they're not sure that there won't be more expansions. Depending on interpretation, that might mean it's not a TC/AP like relaunch. :gruebel:

Nothing about reverse engineering or otherwise getting non-module BPs either. I guess I will just have to see what people say when it releases.
When Collins asked about elephant in the room, Bernd was ready to spill the bean, but somehow Collins derailed this and asked about ventures :(

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 20:14

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:44
When Collins asked about elephant in the room, Bernd was ready to spill the bean, but somehow Collins derailed this and asked about ventures :(
Bernd was assuming he was going to ask about Boron.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 20:37

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 20:14
mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:44
Bernd was assuming he was going to ask about Boron.
That's only my imagination, but it would make sence that Borons and X-22 could be connected.

Harag
x4

Post by Harag » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 14:13

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 22:11
Harag wrote:

For a few interview streams, from Captain Collins there was very little to none "subscribe notification pop-ups".
He's not some major streamer who have subscribe/donation pop-up every 5 seconds.
Thanks for letting me know, I'm fairly new to Cpt Collins YT channel, and really hate twitch as I always seem to find the ones with loads of flashing lights big faces and stupid noises for follows etc. So I just don't bother anymore. But I'll keep it in mind next time. His interview was very good though, really enjoyed it.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 14:29

Harag wrote:
Sat, 11. Dec 21, 14:13
mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 22:11
Harag wrote:

Thanks for letting me know, I'm fairly new to Cpt Collins YT channel, and really hate twitch as I always seem to find the ones with loads of flashing lights big faces and stupid noises for follows etc. So I just don't bother anymore. But I'll keep it in mind next time. His interview was very good though, really enjoyed it.
I think he read your post specifically - I was laughing my ass off watching him, 30 minutes before stream, making absolutely sure (and cheking 5 more time, just to be sure) that he disabled all the pop-up, alarms and donations.

Harag
x4

Post by Harag » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 16:22

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 11. Dec 21, 14:29
Harag wrote:
Sat, 11. Dec 21, 14:13
I think he read your post specifically - I was laughing my ass off watching him, 30 minutes before stream, making absolutely sure (and cheking 5 more time, just to be sure) that he disabled all the pop-up, alarms and donations.
Sounds like his live streams are decent. I might give them a go, though my main issue is being available at the right time to watch live too ( or even remembering it... )

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 19:27

Any chances there will be a summary of the talk, like a short Q&A list that summarize the key points. Thanks.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 20:27

LameFox wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
If that's true then I'm not buying the new DLC. Would rather just wait for the next generation of X games.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 22:01

Matthew94 wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 20:27
LameFox wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
If that's true then I'm not buying the new DLC. Would rather just wait for the next generation of X games.
Might be a while after the DLC before you find out if that is true though. Who knows when they will formally announce whatever that project is.
***modified***

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 22:19

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 22:01
Matthew94 wrote:
Sat, 18. Dec 21, 20:27
LameFox wrote:
Might be a while after the DLC before you find out if that is true though. Who knows when they will formally announce whatever that project is.
According to their current release cycle the next release after Tides of Avarice should be somewhat around Q1/2023.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Return to “X4: Foundations”