Egosoft please add boundary box size information in the station designer

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cyron43
x4

Egosoft please add boundary box size information in the station designer

Post by Cyron43 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 13:53

Hi, especially in the beginning saving money is crucial. So I limit the size of a new station building box to the absolute minimum possible.
It would be very helpful if the station designer calculates the boundaries and displays all six numbers.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Egosoft please add boundary box size information in the station designer

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 13:56

It might be nice to be able to purchase increased plot size from within the station design screen, without having to leave that screen, go to the plot menu, and buy an increased sized plot.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 15:27

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 13:56
It might be nice to be able to purchase increased plot size from within the station design screen, without having to leave that screen, go to the plot menu, and buy an increased sized plot.
That's no problem. Just click on the a pair of compasses at the left, choose the plot you like to enlarge, change the numbers and hit the purchase button.

cornpopped

Post by cornpopped » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 20:21

Cyron43 wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 13:53
Hi, especially in the beginning saving money is crucial. So I limit the size of a new station building box to the absolute minimum possible.
It would be very helpful if the station designer calculates the boundaries and displays all six numbers.
I support this. I'd also like to add that as far as 4.10 is concerned, when you already have existing station pieces and expand the boundary sizes, the boundaries are resized with the station being the center point. This can lead to frustration because lets say you wanted to expand the station out in a certain direction to accomodate a new pier, it may not fit now because the station is at the center of the plot after resizing. Moving it over to one side where it may have been before requires complete reconstruction which takes up a lot of time and makes your station inoperable for the duration.

I guess some would say to plan accordingly from step 1...

Return to “X4: Foundations”