Quick trader training question.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

Quick trader training question.

Post by oddgit » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 00:57

Pardon my ignorance, this is the first time in x4 where i have a fleet big enough that i now want to have auto traders not linked to stations, i normally just had trade hubs and factories. Anyway. If a fresh trader ship is assigned to a factory as its trader, does it's crew slowly gain rank over time because of working? or do i have to seek out seminars? I know this is a pretty basic question, i remember manually training my ships in the x3 games.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Quick trader training question.

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 05:57

oddgit wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 00:57
Pardon my ignorance, this is the first time in x4 where i have a fleet big enough that i now want to have auto traders not linked to stations, i normally just had trade hubs and factories. Anyway. If a fresh trader ship is assigned to a factory as its trader, does it's crew slowly gain rank over time because of working? or do i have to seek out seminars? I know this is a pretty basic question, i remember manually training my ships in the x3 games.
They will level up when assigned to stations, and some might even get to level 3 required for autotrading. But it is a slow, slow process. I wish Egosoft would consider increasing the training rate somewhat, we don't all want to have hundred hour games before we get pilots levelled up.

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 08:59

oddgit wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 00:57
The 5 stars for each skill are actually 15 points. So each star has 3 points.
From 0 to 1, there is a 50/50 chance that the pilot will reach the first point in a task. This chance of advancement decreases drastically with each available point. The 15th point for a full 5 stars is practically unattainable in X4. A fighter pilot alone would have to wipe out all the Xenon in the game 10x for his last point.
So there is no fixed Progress/XP. It is rolled once for each completed task whether there is 1 point more or not. So a completed task is e.g. an executed trade. The amount of goods does not matter. Or the shooting of a Xenon, again no matter how big. When automatically exploring a new sector, the dice are rolled several times. So there are also tasks where the dice are rolled several times.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 14:53

Bastelfred wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 08:59
The 15th point for a full 5 stars is practically unattainable in X4. A fighter pilot alone would have to wipe out all the Xenon in the game 10x for his last point.
Not for morale. I have a lot of people with max morale on my Asgards.

For pilot skill...
Spoiler
Show
You can power level them with the flight school as part of terraforming. 4 star piloting can be done 100 people at a time. 5 star piloting can only be done 1 person at a time. Very cheap.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 15:58

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 14:53
Not for morale. I have a lot of people with max morale on my Asgards.
Spoiler
Show
CVs raise morale even faster. If one knows what to build :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations”