[SUGGESTIONS] Ability to copy and save order lists just like loadout/station blueprints + global behaviour option

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cornpopped

[SUGGESTIONS] Ability to copy and save order lists just like loadout/station blueprints + global behaviour option

Post by cornpopped » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 21:14

Suggestion 1: Save/Load Order List
I'm loving the "Repeat Orders" command. However, there is still some tedium in setting up several traders with the same repeated orders. E.g. It's mid-late game and you want advanced electronics delivered somewhere, so you build a half dozen M traders. Even with AutoTrade you're only going to have a max 5 gate distance to buy, when supplies are sometimes so low you have to go across the map to buy in bulk. Here's where saving/loading order lists comes in handy. Saving order lists means I only have to add in the station purchase locations manually to the buy order on the first trader, save the list, and then load the list on the other traders after selecting repeat orders. Technically "Mimic Commander's Behavior" would do the same thing but it's currently not possible. We should also be able to add station locations that produce that good but currently do not have stock (it's greyed out to add as a location if they do not have stock). I shudder to think how many stations I missed to add to the buy order on my 4th or 5th trader due to getting confused on the map or because that station wasn't addable due to it not having current stock.

Suggestion 2: Tailored global orders behavior options
I'd like the ability to set default global behavior for categories of ship sizes and types (civilian, military, M/S/L etc). As it stands now it simply covers everything. Alternatively I'd like the ability to save/load individual behavior orders. E.g. you want 10 scout ships built to explore the map, on the wharf screen you could load the default behavior settings so each one built will flee from combat/pirates etc. I'd like the Global Orders screen to be enhanced to this effect. I'd like to set for example all M traders to flee from pirate harassment, but if I set that on the current default Global Orders setup, my military ships will do the same (which they should not).

These features would streamline a lot of the tedium.

Thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations”