Can we get a suggestions section?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cornpopped

Can we get a suggestions section?

Post by cornpopped » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 21:02

Is there some sort of official X4 wiki suggestion/bug report page set up? The forum is kind of disorganized and chaotic for bug reporting/suggestions, as it's all lumped in with "technical support." It would be a really nice thing if there were wiki template pages or subforums for such purposes. Maybe even a voting system/poll rigged up so the most wanted features could get picked for future updates.

Matthew94
xr

Re: Can we get a suggestions section?

Post by Matthew94 » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 21:22

cornpopped wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 21:02
Is there some sort of official X4 wiki suggestion/bug report page set up? The forum is kind of disorganized and chaotic for bug reporting/suggestions, as it's all lumped in with "technical support." It would be a really nice thing if there were wiki template pages or subforums for such purposes. Maybe even a voting system/poll rigged up so the most wanted features could get picked for future updates.
It should be a new subforum called /dev/null.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 22:34

A recent thread for information.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 23:38

There should be a poll system to pick weekly winners, and weekly winners will be reviewed by Devs and list possible solutions, and have a monthly poll for final winners.
Not even all the bugs could be reviewed and solved, suggestions need a more complex priority system to be reviewed properly.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 10:39

I don't think the players can decide the priority for issues and resolutions as they don't know the devs' current and future commitments, resources/availability and planned changes already in the pipeline.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:34

Have the developers ever added a feature as a direct result of player suggestions? I've always assumed that they ignored everything as they have their own vision for the game. It's fun to discuss possible additions but do people really think they have a chance of being adopted?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:44

Matthew94 wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:34
Have the developers ever added a feature as a direct result of player suggestions?
Yes, couple of my suggestions were added to the game:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=425929&p=4941640& ... D#p4941640
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=420512&p=4900376& ... D#p4900376

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:49

Have the developers ever added a feature as a direct result of player suggestions? I've always assumed that they ignored everything as they have their own vision for the game. It's fun to discuss possible additions but do people really think they have a chance of being adopted?
Walking on Stations comes to mind. That was a thing being suggested time and time again, I think even back in X2 times. And here we are. We all know what came with XR and now in X4. It's there.

Planetary Landings and Multiplayer also have been suggested time and time again. And at least in case of MP, Egosoft not only once wanted to create one, they also currently work on some semi MP type of thing with Ventures, possibly to learn the basics. So in a sense, Egosoft does listen to feedback and suggestions. We just have no Idea when and if they do. As they keep silent most of the time. The only time we know they listened to suggestions, is when they actually add these things to their game.
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 12:36

Flippi wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:49
The only time we know they listened to suggestions, is when they actually add these things to their game.
Even then they might have had similar ideas, which were parallel to user ideas and then something got implemented.

Weren't user owned Equipment Docks an addition to X2? They were definitely requested for, but not quite what was wanted for.

X3TC/AP had ship models that had roots in X3R mods?

You can own a Shipyard. A can of worms ain't it? (Good for fishing for fun ...)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 12:48

Even then they might have had similar ideas, which were parallel to user ideas and then something got implemented.
That's true. But we never know what Egosoft's ideas are, as they keep their plans for themselves.
X3TC/AP had ship models that had roots in X3R mods?
TC and AP actually used Mod content, yes. AP added the Race Specific Equipment Docks from XTC for example. And of course a lot of ships came from those mods directly. There are even files from the old X3 Reunion Xtended mod factory ships. And if I remember right, even one of the devs started out with the Xtended mod before going to Egosoft.
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 20:55

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:44
Matthew94 wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 11:34
Have the developers ever added a feature as a direct result of player suggestions?
Yes, couple of my suggestions were added to the game:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=425929&p=4941640& ... D#p4941640
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=420512&p=4900376& ... D#p4900376
Interesting, thanks for showing me that.

Return to “X4: Foundations”