Miner - XP Gain/Leveling.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DarkTemplar
x3tc

Miner - XP Gain/Leveling.

Post by DarkTemplar » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 15:38

As of right now. The XP Gain for Miners is so low, it might as well not exist. You can have them work for an entire ingame week, and they will barely be over a single star. Which is especially egregious since mining silicon for example is extremely skill dependent. Which means you either have to artificially train them after terraforming, using the facilities it affords you, or farm endless numbers of seminars. Either way a lot of personal legwork, especially assigning pilots/seminars afterwards. This can't really be the intended state of things, since virtually any other activity levels pilots much, much, much, much faster.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Miner - XP Gain/Leveling.

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 15:41

I agree, vanilla skill level progression is far, far too slow. Something between some of the mods that exist to speed up skill training, and the current state of affairs, would be ideal.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 15:46

I have long since given up on levelling being a thing that happens. Egosoft clearly design this system for people who try to stay in one save for the lifetime of the game, and as I have no intention of playing that way, I design around the assumption that ships will never exceed 3 stars, and most not even pass 2.
***modified***

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 15:56

That's because the pilots get "lottery tickets" of advancement ONLY if they make a profitable sale (above the median price).

The fact that miners have 0 cost in the resources they gather (therefore every trip they make is a profitable one since profit=paid price-cost) is totally out of Egosoft's understanding...

Return to “X4: Foundations”