Are player defence platforms generating free personnel?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Are player defence platforms generating free personnel?

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 07:03

I don't know if this is just because I'm in the beta, or maybe it's specific to Terran platforms. I don't normally spend much time on my defence platforms, and at the moment one with a Terran admin module is all I have. Anyway I've noticed lately that when I am on one that I own, I get a lot of random crew and marines walking 'round on it. I assumed they belonged to landed ships or something, until I began to see races I had not bought any crews from. Then I checked in my personnel database, and found that while I "owned" these people, they did not actually work for me in any capacity. They were not listed anywhere in there.

However, they can be told to work for me. Without a hiring fee. Awkward.

Is this meant to happen?
***modified***

grapedog
x4

Re: Are player defence platforms generating free personnel?

Post by grapedog » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:15

They do work for you, you don't own them. They're workers for your defense platform. Radar Technicians, Aircraft Handling personnel, galley workers, janitors, drone technicians. When you land your ships sometimes you'll see a person out there guiding you in.

Can you task them with other more specific jobs aboard your ships, yes. But if you don't, they'll keep your defense platform up and running, in tip top shape, and clean.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 16:30

An admin module is needed to get these types of personnel on your defense station without a habitation module.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 16:52

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 16:30
An admin module is needed to get these types of personnel on your defense station without a habitation module.
So they are there on purpose then?
***modified***

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 17:16

LameFox wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 16:52
Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 16:30
So they are there on purpose then?
Yup, without an admin module or any other habitation module, nobody would be there.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 19:16

The ones you see wandering around are only a small percentage of the ones working on your station. Check the Logical Overview of your station to see the total crew onboard. And if you don't keep a sufficient supply of food and medical supplies on hand, they will gradually disappear over time. So they aren't really 'free'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 19:48

The personal on defence modules were introduced because defence stations (including shipyards and others) were completely abandoned beforehand. Also shipyards need to actually provide the crew they are selling now. And yes they are basically free and you can hire them for free but so can you when setting up a regular shipyard or maintenance bay.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 19:52

Nanook wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 19:16
The ones you see wandering around are only a small percentage of the ones working on your station. Check the Logical Overview of your station to see the total crew onboard. And if you don't keep a sufficient supply of food and medical supplies on hand, they will gradually disappear over time. So they aren't really 'free'.
There's no workforce though, it's only a defence platform.
***modified***

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 20:08

Yes you can get free crew like that. However the stats of the crew are generally a lot worse than those you will find around NPC stations. Crew is cheap, it is good crew that is not.

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 09:43

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:15
They do work for you, you don't own them. They're workers for your defense platform. Radar Technicians, Aircraft Handling personnel, galley workers, janitors, drone technicians. When you land your ships sometimes you'll see a person out there guiding you in.

Can you task them with other more specific jobs aboard your ships, yes. But if you don't, they'll keep your defense platform up and running, in tip top shape, and clean.
Judging on their appearance and variety i guess they are all clones.
Clones have no rights.
So basicly i own them ;)
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 09:47

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 09:43
grapedog wrote:

Clones have no rights.
So basicly i own them ;)
Just because you can't recognize the difference in Teladi or Paranid workers doesn't make em all clones! :P

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 13:51

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 09:47
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 09:43
grapedog wrote:

Clones have no rights.
So basicly i own them ;)
Just because you can't recognize the difference in Teladi or Paranid workers doesn't make em all clones! :P
i only use terran clones
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Return to “X4: Foundations”