Thoughts on how to improve the game universe

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Re: Thoughts on how to improve the game universe

Post by grapedog » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 23:39

I would also prefer fewer larger stations. No need for 3 or 4 hull parts stations in the same sector, just produce 1 or 2 larger stations. Or 5 hull parts stations between 2 neighboring sectors. Just creates bloat and a sense of sameness. In my head each factions core sectors would be rather bustling with activity... but outside the main faction sectors, more pirates, less general commerce but still some. What then do you put there to give them a reason to exist at all in the game? Coperations maybe?

I currenntly use XRShipPack and Faction Enhancer, and the Xenon are a bit overboard. If not for player intervention, they would run amok over everyone. So that isn't the right balance, though i do enjoy the challenge... it wouldn't suit for a sit back and be a merchant playstyle.

Matthew94
xr

Re: Thoughts on how to improve the game universe

Post by Matthew94 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 00:33

Panos wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 21:58
Matthew94 wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 18:37
Panos wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 17:51

Some of us tried to solve the XEN problem by raising their number of agents. Not by a lot around 15. End result was XEN snowballing the game unopposed.
15x units seems like an ludicrous increase. Even 50% would be a lot. Or did you mean 15%? I doubt you mean literally 15 units.
15. Not 15x nor 15% :D
You're saying 15 extra units in the entire universe caused the Xenon to snowball and conquer most of the galaxy? I find that hard to believe. By agent you mean unit i.e. a ship? I feel like I'm missing something here. Were they all K's?

Return to “X4: Foundations”