Pirate life: weapon components

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

budforceuk
x4

Pirate life: weapon components

Post by budforceuk » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 12:32

After tips really.

My game I'm playing full pirate -30 to all major factions.

I've managed to build a wharf and some productions in Napolios Fortune using stolen wares, but you are limited to what you can produce in that sector due to the resources available.

I have managed to steal most things blowing up frieghters going through the neutral systems, but so far I've not seen a single ship containing weapon components, and I need them for my pirate ways lol.

I can think of a couple options:

I could build the productions in my station, then try to sneak mine the resources, could be fun, but not very "piratey" could take a long time and risky.

Try and steal them - would mean going into hostile space, with some kind of transporter ship, would be tricky - I also don't know where to look?

Any other better ideas?

LameFox
x4

Re: Pirate life: weapon components

Post by LameFox » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 12:45

A minotaur raider or a cormorant would do it for raiding. You don't have to kill ships to get their cargo, they'll drop it as you're shooting them (by what criteria I'm not sure, but more readily than they will bail crew IME). These are not exactly swift but they're good enough in player hands to travel drive past enemy lines and still have space for cargo.

As for where to get the traders, AFAIK weapon components are only going to shipyards, wharfs, or EQ docks. So if you can figure out where some factories are and find a quiet spot between those and their destinations, you might find some ships.
***modified***

budforceuk
x4

Post by budforceuk » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 21:29

I'm struggling with this.

Any of the systems with a wharf/shipyard/trading station you get hunted actively by the faction, and most of those stations are in the middle of the sectors and/or next to the superhighway.

I tried camping outside the pirate shipyard in hera' twin but seems to be just S transporters buying spaceweed from the station.

I might try building a little mining outpost in a sector somewhere that has the gas you need, then ferry it from A to B.

budforceuk
x4

Post by budforceuk » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 22:21

Actually just figured out what I will do

...I still might try to make the mining outpost..because it'll be a challenge..but...

On my main base in Napolios Fortune, I will just build a weapon component production, there is only 2 parts required which are hull parts and plasma conductors, both can be easily liberated :twisted:

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 00:33

Always an option to find a station which makes weapon components, then blow up the storage, then bring in a transport to collect the wares.

Even a solo destroyer should be able to snipe the container storage and hoover up the contents.

Return to “X4: Foundations”