Suggestion: Alternative way to get Weapon and Equipment Blueprints

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darkjayson

Suggestion: Alternative way to get Weapon and Equipment Blueprints

Post by Darkjayson » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 00:40

There are three standard ways to get station module blueprints.

First is to rank up with a faction and buy them from that factions representative, this is the most common way.
Second is to use an EMP grenade against a module and scan the signal sources that appear.(Actually never did this one)
Lastly get the required research and scan normal signal sources for a chance to acquire for free the modules blueprints.

For ships, weapons, equipment and consumables there is only one way to get the blueprints and that is to rank up with a faction.

If your not friendly with a faction there should be like station modules other ways of acquiring blueprints of that factions ships, weapons and equipment.

Here are some suggestions for alternative ways to get these blueprints.

1) Reverse engineering of ships and equipment. This one is simple, you bring a ship to your HQ with your researcher and a new option appears when you talk to them to reverse engineer a docked ship and its installed weapons and equipment, this will destroy the ship and any weapons/equipment on the ship. It will also take other resources to help the project with more resources depending on the amount of weapons and equipment on the ship. After a time period depending on class and size of the ship you get the blue prints of the ship and any weapons/equipment researched. How you get the ship be it buying it, getting it from a mission or collecting it from bailing pilots or boarding it does not matter any ship you can reverse engineer.

2) Add a new items called a pristine hull/weapon/equipment this is a very rare drop from destroyed ships. If you collected these pristine items you can give them to your researcher to research. these items are illegal in the sectors that the faction there from.

3) Simply add them to mission rewards, if you already have the blueprint when you complete the mission you get the cash alternative for it instead.

Any thoughts?

flywlyx
x4

Re: Suggestion: Alternative way to get Weapon and Equipment Blueprints

Post by flywlyx » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 03:28

Salvage shipwrecks to recycle resources
Have you ever come across a shipwreck and wished you could use it in a profitable way? In the Avarice system, the Riptide Rakers, a loosely organised group of scavengers and traders, have developed the means to salvage wrecks and use them in production. Either tow the wreck with one of the new tug ships, or dismantle the wreck right where you found it using a new deconstruction ship. Once you've reached a station equipped with a recycling module, watch your scrap metal turn into building resources.
I would expect the new DLC will include reverse engineering in their new shipwrecks recycle feature.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 04:39

Yeah, it's been missing for a while. Even ship production modules aren't available to steal (though they nerfed their profitability so hard I'm not sure why). Hoping that it shows up in the expansion but it's not yet clear—at least to me, as I can only pick out a few words here and there listening to German interviews.
***modified***

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 14:15

flywlyx wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 03:28
Salvage shipwrecks to recycle resources
Have you ever come across a shipwreck and wished you could use it in a profitable way? In the Avarice system, the Riptide Rakers, a loosely organised group of scavengers and traders, have developed the means to salvage wrecks and use them in production. Either tow the wreck with one of the new tug ships, or dismantle the wreck right where you found it using a new deconstruction ship. Once you've reached a station equipped with a recycling module, watch your scrap metal turn into building resources.
I would expect the new DLC will include reverse engineering in their new shipwrecks recycle feature.
I would think it would be an obvious, no brainer decision to include reverse engineering. Which is why I am skeptical that it will actually be implemented.

Return to “X4: Foundations”