[solved] Boarding - Unable to deploy all available marines from Rattlesnake - 90 of them avail but only 49 selectable

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spookywatcher

[solved] Boarding - Unable to deploy all available marines from Rattlesnake - 90 of them avail but only 49 selectable

Post by spookywatcher » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:15

This is new...and haven't seen this yet.

I was attempting to board from my Rattlesnake with 90 marines available. When I went to select the number of marines it stopped at 49 of 90 all recruits. Thought that was weird so, just for testing I instructed to board a nearby different ship which I was not actually going to board and it allowed the full 90. Then tried a third and it limited me to something much less than 90 also. So some ships I can't allocate all 90 marines for boarding and some I cannot.

This is something I haven't seen before so I uninstalled and re-downloaded the game from GOG, reinstalled and reloaded the save and tried again. Same restrictions. Is there some sort of limit for marines boarding or is my save borked? I would upload the save but I successfully boarded the TER ship with only 49 (I think that was the number) marines. Nothing in googlefu came up.

Any points to a direction on this is much appreciated.
Last edited by spookywatcher on Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dakier
x4

Re: Boarding - Unable to deploy all available marines from Rattlesnake - 90 of them avail but only 49 selectable

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:22

You can only send the amount of marines that can fit on the ship. i.e if their ship can hold 49 marines, you can only send 49 despite having 100 or more.

Would be nice to see a change to this where any excess marines are ejected into an escape pod and can be scooped up after.

spookywatcher

Re: Boarding - Unable to deploy all available marines from Rattlesnake - 90 of them avail but only 49 selectable

Post by spookywatcher » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:26

Lord Dakier wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:22
You can only send the amount of marines that can fit on the ship. i.e if their ship can hold 49 marines, you can only send 49 despite having 100 or more.

Would be nice to see a change to this where any excess marines are ejected into an escape pod and can be scooped up after.
Ah...much Thx! Good to know. I've only been capping Plunderers and decided to cap a TER mining ship. Thanks Again'

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [solved] Boarding - Unable to deploy all available marines from Rattlesnake - 90 of them avail but only 49 selectabl

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 10:29

During boarding, out numbering the enemy does not increase combat performance due to how the mechanics work. As such sending 90 marines against a crew of 49 will perform roughly the same as sending 49 marines and then if that fails sending an additional 41 marines. Losses difference would be due to RNG variance.

Return to “X4: Foundations”