Why are the Terran stations attacking me?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

Why are the Terran stations attacking me?

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 18:30

So i have a rep with the Terran of -12. Which under faction relations states my ships and property will not be attacked, though i do not have clearance to dock at stations....

Yet, when ever i fly to close to a station, a red laser starts shooting up me and my small convoy of traders!

Whats the deal?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Why are the Terran stations attacking me?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 19:06

Laser towers seem to just have a binary friend/foe setting and do not seem to react to dynamic upward rep changes. In short, once red they will usually stay red and will attack your assets. An earlier version example.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 20:04

Beware. Even the pink ones will attack. They don't have to be red. And they often stay pink until you fire back. If I don't want to decrease my rep even further, I'll turn all my turrets to 'missile defense', or even 'disarmed' when flying near pink lasertowers. But sometimes they can surprise you, such as when you fly through a gate and there's a whole line of them some NPC dropped. :eg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 20:53

Ok thanks, that explains, i thought it was the station itself

Return to “X4: Foundations”