Copy&Paste in Build mode

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xkuka
x4

Copy&Paste in Build mode

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 13:44

Its is purely a quality of life issue, so i post it here insteat of the technical support section. Move it if you think otherwise.

So the problem is easy to reproduce. Take a look at my complex. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-zYI89 ... sp=sharing

Now, when you fix your point of view to a lower or higher level, and you select a new module from the menu, it will appear on the plane your view currently is. But at this stage, i barely use the menu, because it is much easier to copy paste whole sections because the modules barely have the original rotation. But the problem is that the pasted section will not appear on the plane on which your view currently is like with new modules. Lets say i want to expand one of the lower section in the centre, when i copy paste a section then it will appear somewhere outside of my view, and it is painfully difficult to find an attachement point right away. Surely i can zoom out, place it somewhere else and then shift it to the point where i want it. But thats not as easy as said if a station has become this big, and i am not at a final stage yet. There is still plenty of room to be filled... So i though since it actually works with new modules, would it be difficult to fix this for copied modules?
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Return to “X4: Foundations”