17 raptors and 43 rattlesnakes vs Teladi Trading station

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kbroen
x4

17 raptors and 43 rattlesnakes vs Teladi Trading station

Post by Kbroen » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 05:47

So I'd have thought that my 17 raptors and 43 rattlesnakes would have made short work of the Teladi trading station, but 8 hours later, they're still circling and pummelling it.

The funny thing is, when I checked on it a few hours ago, it was 41% hull on the station, I'd lost most of my fleet as I'm down to 7 raptors and 2 rattlesnakes, and now the Teladi station hull is back up to 68%.

Everyone is attacking, but I'm finding that they're aiming mostly at the center module of the station that no longer exists.

Anyone know a workaround so I can kill this station?

Diroc
x4

Re: 17 raptors and 43 rattlesnakes vs Teladi Trading station

Post by Diroc » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 06:28

Had a similar issue awhile back in Hewa's Twin 1. Let the Xenon K's and I's hammer the station for days. The most recent update fixed the problem for me.

Check the station for modules that have (-%) in the listing. They are modules that can't be targeted as they have no collision mesh and thus, can't be inactivated since they can't be shot.

I assumed this was fixed as it resolved for me. Maybe not.

Here's a screenshot from when it happened to me for reference.

https://imgur.com/a/B0yy3ct

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 07:00

Did you use coordinate attack?

I find one of the best reasons to use it is because it causes your ships to encircle the target, hitting it from all angles. As opposed to just issuing the attack command from afar, and they all rush at it from generally the same angle. I'll also usually put my ships 30km above/below the target too, so they're coming down on top of it while also spread out around it, giving them a top and side view, to hit multiple structures from one spot.... where if they attack the object directly, they can't see past the structure they already blew up that is now blocking everything behind it.

If I had that many ships, I'd probably split them into 2 groups at least, one above, one below... pause, set both groups to coordinate attack, unpause and see how they do. Coordinate attack won't solve every problem, or bugs... but I find it's much more useful than just the attack command.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 10:40

Kbroen wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 05:47
So I'd have thought that my 17 raptors and 43 rattlesnakes would have made short work of the Teladi trading station, but 8 hours later, they're still circling and pummelling it.

The funny thing is, when I checked on it a few hours ago, it was 41% hull on the station, I'd lost most of my fleet as I'm down to 7 raptors and 2 rattlesnakes, and now the Teladi station hull is back up to 68%.

Everyone is attacking, but I'm finding that they're aiming mostly at the center module of the station that no longer exists.

Anyone know a workaround so I can kill this station?
Is this OOS or IS?

paiku
x4

Post by paiku » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:48

If this is oos you should try the new beta 4.20 and see if it works with this version

Kbroen
x4

Post by Kbroen » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 19:44

I've been letting it run for a few days so I might give the update a shot.

I also typically use coordinate attack on stations as it has given me less casualties. Plus I've been at it for awhile now (48 hours).

I'll test the update and see.

Thanks for the input.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 26. Feb 22, 21:15

I'd be interested to read some feedback about that.
I've just posted something similar for the 5.0 beta 6HF1 except it is just 2 K attacking the station.
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=445490
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Metran

Post by Metran » Sat, 26. Feb 22, 21:37

They have been at it for days... do I need to be more specific?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 47A4470E6/
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 26. Feb 22, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversize image -> link.

Return to “X4: Foundations”