Player Fleet helping Faction Fleet - Still impossible

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ragnos28
x4

Re: Player Fleet helping Faction Fleet - Still impossible

Post by Ragnos28 » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 19:01

Slashman wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 17:35
I think you have an interesting idea here. I'm just wondering what level it should be implemented at. Do you require the player to sign a separate treaty and pledge their ships and service to the faction where destroyed property comes with a severe penalty but not aggression? What penalty would be sufficient? Or should there not be one?
I notice that ships belonging to the same faction, AI or the players, don't retaliate in case of friendly fire. Case in point, if the player decide to test the freshly buffed main gun of the Asgard and did not check if any of his destroyers are in the way :oops: the other destroyers in the fleet don't go...that our friends you kill, you sadistic SoB :evil: The same with the factions ships, when an argon Behemoth shot another argon Behemoth while trying to get the Xenon M, the two don't start pew pew each other.

So, I see an dialog option like...Offer to assist against....split, xenon, HOP...affirmative. Message: Now your assets in the sector have "ally" status, meaning that the ally assets will not retaliate in case of friendly fire. Warning! Orders to atack allied assets or if the main weapons of a player piloted ship cause destruction of an ally asset, this condition will be revoked.
So, no retaliation, even in case of ships destroyed as a result of friendly fire, as the ships will act like belonging to the same faction. And if Nannok's theory of the game knowing who's naughty and who's nice, is true, meaning the game knowing what ship target what, is a mechanic that would be dificult for the player to abuse.

cornpopped

Post by cornpopped » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 20:34

Last edited by Terre on Wed, 8. Dec 21, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Exitialis101

Post by Exitialis101 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 21:19

I've asked a dev about this, so far no response. Maybe they are having an internal discussion about it? Either way, the mod is a life saver for now, just hope it will remain updated through the versions of the game.
Hammerhead Launched
Support NPC Friendly FIre Tweaks:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=435850

Exitialis101

Post by Exitialis101 » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 08:43

Sorry for double posting, but I saw this in the new patch notes:
Fixed accidental friendly fire from turrets on player ship being treated as intentional.
Great step in the right direction I think!

Edit: Whops, that was from another patch.
Hammerhead Launched
Support NPC Friendly FIre Tweaks:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=435850

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 21:06

Exitialis101 wrote:
Fri, 10. Dec 21, 08:43
Fixed accidental friendly fire from turrets on player ship being treated as intentional.
Great step in the right direction I think!

Edit: Whops, that was from another patch.
I must say i never noticed a difference. :gruebel:

Return to “X4: Foundations”