"Security Bypass System" — Has it a purpose?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

"Security Bypass System" — Has it a purpose?

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 10:45

There are three of this type of item, and I can only find a use in game for two of them. The slicer disables turrets, the decryption system deals with every other terminal. What is the Bypass System for? Even when I searched old threads for this, I could not find a use for that one.
***modified***

Flippi
x3tc

Re: "Security Bypass System" — Has it a purpose?

Post by Flippi » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 11:22

To my knowledge it doesn't have any use. Except being vendor trash once you maxed out reputation with a faction that has black marketeers. It's really sad that Egosoft couldn't really bother to write down the uses of any items into their descriptions. That alone would help immensely. Instead, people have to search the forums for answers that should be described in the game itself (I'm looking at you, pilot skills).
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 11:32

Yeah, it's weird how opaque this game is. Not even a case of 'you have to go to an outside wiki because the game never explains itself', but rather 'even the wiki doesn't know what's going on half the time'.

I guess I will just sell those then. I wonder if there was going to be some use for them that was never implemented—but then why even put them in the crafting or loot tables? Very strange.
***modified***

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 04:00

At least in the new 5.00 version you can see what you need to hack each panel.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations”