Selling Ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baggins46

Selling Ships

Post by Baggins46 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 09:20

Is it possible to sell ships, if you buy a new one and don't wish to keep the old one for instance.

LameFox
x4

Re: Selling Ships

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 09:21

Yes. Select the ship and right click on a shipyard or wharf (whichever size would produce the ship) and click sell. Remove any crew you like first, it does not need anyone on board, even a captain.
***modified***

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 09:22

But make sure you transfer any skilled crew to your new ship beforehand!
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 09:24

Many thanks.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 10:12

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 09:21
Yes. Select the ship and right click on a shipyard or wharf (whichever size would produce the ship) and click sell. Remove any crew you like first, it does not need anyone on board, even a captain.
I believe a captain is needed. I've made pilots bail, and tried to sell the ship after claiming it, and I couldn't sell it till it had a captain assigned.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 10:14

grapedog wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 10:12
LameFox wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 09:21
I believe a captain is needed. I've made pilots bail, and tried to sell the ship after claiming it, and I couldn't sell it till it had a captain assigned.
I have not had this issue. In a totally vanilla game when I sell an empty ship, the buyer simply transfers a single person to fly it and it goes off to the station to be scrapped (or whatever they do with it).
***modified***

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 10:39

Hey, for S and M ships you need a pilot before you can sell the ship, but at least XL (elephants in my case) you can sell completely empty. A captain of buying faction magically appears if you do so. Maybe this is not WAI.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 10:53

That does sound like something has gone wrong... but you are still able to sell them empty if they're docked at the station, at least. I have done that very recently.
***modified***

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 19:58

Lame Fox.
Yes I've tried all that but nowhere can I see an option to sell. I've even put a captain in as suggested but still nothing.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 02:29

Well, as far as I know: the station must not be hostile to you, it must have a construction module of the appropriate type (so not an equipment dock). In that case if you select the ship in the map, and right click on the station icon as if to order it to dock there, there should be a sell option in the menu.

If that does not appear or is grey, then perhaps something is wrong with the station (module it needs to do this was ruined). Or else if you can't do it at any station it may be a bug or mod issue of some kind.
***modified***

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 02:35

As LameFox suggested, and i would add that you should try the docks of the different factions before actually selling and compare prices. Some pay way more at times than others. I had a bunch of S fighters to sell, and the FRF payd 610k while all others less than 500k. Thats considerable.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 10:55

Well it was a bit of a plod but I got there in the end, thanks for the advice.

Return to “X4: Foundations”