Will salvaging break war as a resource sink?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Will salvaging break war as a resource sink?

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 20:17

If every time a ship or station blows up, it gets harvested for scrap to make new ships, how will that affect the overall economic balance? Currently, wares are made, ships and stations are made from those wares, and when ships and stations get blown up, those resources are removed from the galaxy. Now if salvaging were to be widespread, a portion of the resources from destroyed ships and stations goes back to making more ships and stations. Will that negatively affect the economic ecosystem of the game?

In my opinion, I would like to see a civilian economy, which could act as a resource sink for excess wares. Planetary populations could buy wares from trade stations at very low prices (such as when the wares become saturated), so that the economy does not grind to a halt, even if the faction is not losing ships or stations in battle. Maybe there could be a special module called a "planetary trade hub" which would allow trade between space stations and the planet surface.

LameFox
x4

Re: Will salvaging break war as a resource sink?

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 02:28

Why would it? It's the process of collecting and converting resources to ships/stations that limits them. The actual sources of them always regenerate. Salvage is just another process.
***modified***

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: Will salvaging break war as a resource sink?

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 02:42

I hope that in a future custom start we can start a game with the use of recycling for all factions as an initial economic state :lol:
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Return to “X4: Foundations”