Odysseus remake!??

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

M@ReK
x4

Re: Odysseus remake!??

Post by M@ReK » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:10

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 14:32
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 14:30
maybe MK2
That would be the worst.

Plus, in actuality it should be mk.5 given that each previous X-game had different interation of Odysseus and other ships :D
I would rather say that the new ones should not have any suffix while old ones something like "Prototype" or something like this :)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:15

SirBerrial wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 12:25
dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 11:02
That is the better option. Personally I love the "ballast" counterweight of the Paranid (what people call the "hand of the hairdryer). At least some of it remains from what I see in the pics.
BTW to even think about "donating" the older models to the minor factions, then ALI will need an L Shipyard. Not sure if it can be "incorporated" in the existing one or, simply, copy/paste the Paranid one for it. It would also be a great addition to ALI since they can not build/serve/upgrade L ships in whatsoever way...
ALI has a wharf in the northern part of the PAR sectors, iirc. And the main problem with the old designs is the quality of models and textures. When compared to TER and SPL ones, PAR caps look like they came from a game 15y older.
Like I said... they have nothing for L ships, not even Engines, Thrusters, Mining Lasers... Just try to send any L ship you have to the ALI shipyard for anything (even personnel) and see that the "Change Equipment" mutton is not functioning....

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:16

M@ReK wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:10

I would rather say that the new ones should not have any suffix while old ones something like "Prototype" or something like this :)
Then it can rain havoc with existing saves and the ships that are already there, especially the ones owned by the player...

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 10:12

M@ReK wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:10
mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 14:32
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 14:30
maybe MK2
That would be the worst.

Plus, in actuality it should be mk.5 given that each previous X-game had different interation of Odysseus and other ships :D
There is no string(with audio) defined in the game files for something like that.
Lets see what they will do :)
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 12:59

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 10:12
There is no string(with audio) defined in the game files for something like that.
I think Lino was quite clear, the new designs will slowly substitute the old ones so... no new string... and the only old ones that will remain are the ones owned by the player.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 14:26

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 12:59
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
I think Lino was quite clear, the new designs will slowly substitute the old ones so... no new string... and the only old ones that will remain are the ones owned by the player.
Yes and players that already have the blueprint in their games will still have it, but new games will only have the new model. Thank god for that as far as im concerned.

M@ReK
x4

Post by M@ReK » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:27

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 14:26
dtpsprt wrote:
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Yes and players that already have the blueprint in their games will still have it, but new games will only have the new model. Thank god for that as far as im concerned.
What I understood is new models will be default ones and will be produced in shipyards so in old gamestarts it will be gradually replaced while in new ones we will start only with new models. About blueprints however I think those should be available also in new games starts so you can omit it if you do not like them but also build them yourself if you wish.

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 08:34

Would have been nice if the abandoned/free ships had been included in the change-over...but oh well.

And Bernd was right, I'm still on my first save 8) Thanks Bernd, glad you didn't change anything drastic :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 09:34

M@ReK wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 19:27
Axeface wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 14:26
dtpsprt wrote:

What I understood is new models will be default ones and will be produced in shipyards so in old gamestarts it will be gradually replaced while in new ones we will start only with new models. About blueprints however I think those should be available also in new games starts so you can omit it if you do not like them but also build them yourself if you wish.
I think HOP still hold the Sentinel Blueprints and PAR their Vanguard ones for the player to purchase but in terms of AI produced ships I think they now prefer the E types

Return to “X4: Foundations”