X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maebius

Re: The next expansion for X4 - Join us for the reveal on Thursday, November 25, 2021

Post by Maebius » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 20:52

Nice, looking forward to it :skull:

Bozz11
x4

Re: The next expansion for X4 - Join us for the reveal on Thursday, November 25, 2021

Post by Bozz11 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 08:58

I have played 700 hours since COH released and had no problem at all, I even use FOCW too add tons of ships in the universe and had no issues at all, I say bring it on !

mr.WHO
x4

Re: X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 18:50

Damn you Egosoft, you'll make me pre-order that DLC once it become visible on Steam.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:24

Cautious optimism here. The game's still not in a great state given how old it is and that it builds upon Rebirth. It's still far too janky with a half-baked UI.

Endellur
x4

Post by Endellur » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:26

Exciting announcement, thanks Egosoft!

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:27

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 24. Nov 21, 20:24

There is a boron pirate already with rising crime record:
- stolen station
- murdering people, multiple accounts
- playing with forbidden technology, multiple accounts
- breaking security of multiple nations, multiple accounts
- blatant disregard to the general law as well as subordinates working conditions and safety

Am I missing anything more?

Edit:
- lets not forget the weponization of teleportation technology, turning it to WMD that wipe out everything in radius of 20-30 km.

Edit2:
I'm looking forward to add more warcrimes to that list with incoming DLC :D
Ahh but Boso only has the best of intentions ;-)
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:43

Bernd wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:27
mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 24. Nov 21, 20:24

There is a boron pirate already with rising crime record:
- stolen station
- murdering people, multiple accounts
- playing with forbidden technology, multiple accounts
- breaking security of multiple nations, multiple accounts
- blatant disregard to the general law as well as subordinates working conditions and safety

Am I missing anything more?

Edit:
- lets not forget the weponization of teleportation technology, turning it to WMD that wipe out everything in radius of 20-30 km.

Edit2:
I'm looking forward to add more warcrimes to that list with incoming DLC :D
Ahh but Boso only has the best of intentions ;-)

Looking at DLC details I can predict more crimes:
- theft of luxyry Yacht
- grave robbery (most shipwreck are graves)
- development of forbiden tech and application it to illegally possesed pirate battleship

Yep, best of intentions keep going further :D
I expect Xenon Hub and excinction level events from him by the 5th DLC, probably "Dead or alive" warrant from Ancients or Sonhen too.

Shagrath912
x4

Post by Shagrath912 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:50

Will there be a chance to buy the DLC also on the Egosoft Shop via the Homepage www.egosoft.com (Key)? Or only in the Steam & GoG Shops?

Loec

Post by Loec » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:59

It looks awesome!

But I'm scared that erlking will be another OP ship that we get early and easy in the game like ship in COH campaigne

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:06

Loec wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:59
It looks awesome!

But I'm scared that erlking will be another OP ship that we get early and easy in the game like ship in COH campaigne
The description uggest we will have to put a lot of resources and research to make it powerful.
We will probably get it at first as barely working junk.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:09

I must say, after watching the "reveal" (even though I can not understand German), I am getting strong "X: Rebirth" vibes. In a good way. Aesthetic wise, new station modules remind me of half-destroyed RoC stations and REI makeshift Way Stations simultaneously. Yellow-reddish lighting also helps with this. Expanded hallways, neon bar signs and multiple bar locations -- all nod to X: Rebirth (alas, holographic dancers are absent). And when it comes to ships… well, they are screaming "X: Rebirth". Multiple engines with asymmetric placement of the capital ship is a nod to the Titurel (a pirate "destroyer", if one can call her that) and symmetric fighters with metallic beam chassis are like re-envisioned PMC Triath fighter line.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:11

It. Looks... Awesome. And it is amazing how Egosoft listens to the community, or at least has the same ideas.

> Shipwreck recycling was one of those often suggested features since release by the community.
> Rework of existing models (especially Paranid ships)

I would have never thought you would actually rework those ships. Like, maybe for X5. I am baffled.

Those stations looked very special. Special in the sense that I am not sure if we can build them ourselves. I hope we can. A lot. They look awesome, as do the ships so far.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:12

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:11
It. Looks... Awesome.
Yes. If there was something "X: Rebirth" did right, it was the visuals/atmosphere.
Tamina wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:11
> Rework of existing models (especially Paranid ships)
Agreed. The new Atlas looks way better. Not that she was that ugly in the first place. I would like to see a hairdryer (AKA "Odysseus") and hairdryer-XL (AKA "Zeus") though.
Last edited by Alm888 on Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:16, edited 2 times in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:12

If only we could also get ships-recycle at player shipyard and reverse-engineering for blueprints.

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:44

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:12
If only we could also get ships-recycle at player shipyard and reverse-engineering for blueprints.
maybe it will... maybe...

As for X4 itself... :x4:
X4 has a plethora and huge dynamic (in my opinion) options yet to be explored further on.
It is not over yet...

I do hope there will be more DLC in near future... :)

Loec

Post by Loec » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:48

Alm888 wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:09
I must say, after watching the "reveal" (even though I can not understand German), I am getting strong "X: Rebirth" vibes. In a good way. Aesthetic wise, new station modules remind me of half-destroyed RoC stations and REI makeshift Way Stations simultaneously. Yellow-reddish lighting also helps with this. Expanded hallways, neon bar signs and multiple bar locations -- all nod to X: Rebirth (alas, holographic dancers are absent). And when it comes to ships… well, they are screaming "X: Rebirth". Multiple engines with asymmetric placement of the capital ship is a nod to the Titurel (a pirate "destroyer", if one can call her that) and symmetric fighters with metallic beam chassis are like re-envisioned PMC Triath fighter line.
Yea but x rebirth in my opinie had better immersion than x4 due to those station. Even erkling will work a bit like skunk. Maybe we will finde somewhere between wrecks skunk or those Xperimental ship what we get in X3 :D

lmike
x4

Post by lmike » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:53

Yahoo! I've Added it to wishlist already.

What about Boso Ta's pathfinding to home? Is he have a chance to find home to the 2023?

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:01

hi !

it's remarkably interesting all these additions (I really like!), and the improvements to come, but the non-support of Nvidia cards will make me quit the game
in some time, recently I reinstalled MechWarrior 5 mercenaries, which manages both technologies (AMD & NVidia), with new DLC and some essential mods,
and played with DLSS and ray tracing in 4K it's great.
So I will rather orient myself towards a game-simulation that uses the potential of RTXs, the 3090 in my case.

I regret that X4 is the kind of space game mix of management, construction, and war that has no end, which can be played continuously and also because you maintain
on your games the updates and the addition of new DLC which adds even more to X4, it's really interesting.

But it is sure that if one day the Borons make their appearance, I have AMD or Nvidia at the time, would love to go back. 8)

And yes I know the AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) work with Nvidia if he implements it, because it is not on what seems logical.

Steph.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:15

lmike wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:53
What about Boso Ta's pathfinding to home? Is he have a chance to find home to the 2023?
Hell no. Who is going to work on our next dooms... err I mean, scientific endeavour ? :roll:
Right on commander !

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:21

This announcement took me completely by surprise. Regardless I am very hyped for Tides of Avarice, and the 5.00 update. :D

I think more pirate influence is exactly what X4 was missing. And I'm very interested in the ship recycling mechanic, as well as new station modules. And I'm extremely excited to see what the new capital ships for each faction are, and the new ship interiors. Hopefully they'll help the main factions against the Split and Terrans. :lol:

It's not a Boron DLC, but it'll do. :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations”