X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Loec

Re: X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

Post by Loec » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:48

Alm888 wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:09
I must say, after watching the "reveal" (even though I can not understand German), I am getting strong "X: Rebirth" vibes. In a good way. Aesthetic wise, new station modules remind me of half-destroyed RoC stations and REI makeshift Way Stations simultaneously. Yellow-reddish lighting also helps with this. Expanded hallways, neon bar signs and multiple bar locations -- all nod to X: Rebirth (alas, holographic dancers are absent). And when it comes to ships… well, they are screaming "X: Rebirth". Multiple engines with asymmetric placement of the capital ship is a nod to the Titurel (a pirate "destroyer", if one can call her that) and symmetric fighters with metallic beam chassis are like re-envisioned PMC Triath fighter line.
Yea but x rebirth in my opinie had better immersion than x4 due to those station. Even erkling will work a bit like skunk. Maybe we will finde somewhere between wrecks skunk or those Xperimental ship what we get in X3 :D

lmike
x4

Post by lmike » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:53

Yahoo! I've Added it to wishlist already.

What about Boso Ta's pathfinding to home? Is he have a chance to find home to the 2023?

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:01

hi !

it's remarkably interesting all these additions (I really like!), and the improvements to come, but the non-support of Nvidia cards will make me quit the game
in some time, recently I reinstalled MechWarrior 5 mercenaries, which manages both technologies (AMD & NVidia), with new DLC and some essential mods,
and played with DLSS and ray tracing in 4K it's great.
So I will rather orient myself towards a game-simulation that uses the potential of RTXs, the 3090 in my case.

I regret that X4 is the kind of space game mix of management, construction, and war that has no end, which can be played continuously and also because you maintain
on your games the updates and the addition of new DLC which adds even more to X4, it's really interesting.

But it is sure that if one day the Borons make their appearance, I have AMD or Nvidia at the time, would love to go back. 8)

And yes I know the AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) work with Nvidia if he implements it, because it is not on what seems logical.

Steph.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:15

lmike wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:53
What about Boso Ta's pathfinding to home? Is he have a chance to find home to the 2023?
Hell no. Who is going to work on our next dooms... err I mean, scientific endeavour ? :roll:
Right on commander !

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:21

This announcement took me completely by surprise. Regardless I am very hyped for Tides of Avarice, and the 5.00 update. :D

I think more pirate influence is exactly what X4 was missing. And I'm very interested in the ship recycling mechanic, as well as new station modules. And I'm extremely excited to see what the new capital ships for each faction are, and the new ship interiors. Hopefully they'll help the main factions against the Split and Terrans. :lol:

It's not a Boron DLC, but it'll do. :wink:

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:31

While DLC seems to be great (Luxury Yacht, modular experimantal Battleship), the main course for me is 5.0 update to base game.

I'm glad base factions will get overhaul, but I also hope Xenons get some love and Medium turrets got rebalance that was missing since 2.0 Large turret rebalance.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:34

New content always good, nice one Ego, i will be purchasing...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:48

as lino confirmed only paranid will get remodeling, the rest maybe later who knows

so no new ships and not every race remodel
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:03

Sounds great, especially the new capitals and shiprecks, I do hope all major ships destroyed in ALL sectors can provide shipwrecks to be collected and not just exclusive to the Arivce systems!!

I also hope you dont just get given the Pirate battleship !

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:10

I don't know if anyone noticed solar flare at the end of trailer.

I recall I was really suprised that one North-West sector from Slit Vendetta with red dwarf has it's star regulary dimming and brightening.

Additionally as someone mention the sectors got X-Rebirth feeling (in a good way).

I think I will pick this room to stay when I'll do empire management:
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/stea ... 0x1080.jpg
Last edited by mr.WHO on Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:10

No DLSS support? What's the reason you've picked the inferior AMD solution over DLSS?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:27

Can we get Boso in the yacht swimming pool? That is the only question I need answered now.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 23:04

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:11
And it is amazing how Egosoft listens to the community, or at least has the same ideas.
I'm also very surprised tbh. From what I can remember this is the first time they managed to do something like that on such large scale. That makes me really hopeful for the future of the series

Super excited for the new DLC and other future releases more in line with this approach!

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 00:00

Sounds pretty good.
But i will stay sceptical because i have some open questions.
- Where is the "multiplayer"-feature which was announced as a big thing and now there is no mention of it...
- I hope one "recycle"-ship means one per faction not like the builders...
- Why is a real diplomacy-system (which was announced as a regular feature years ago and has so much potential) still not a thing?
(you also can`t change inter-faction-relations in custom gamestarts)
- For pirating to be a real thing there are lot of things that need to be changed, i hope they will be.

pretty sure i will buy it, because i had lot's of fun with x4 allready. But there is still a lot of room for improvement in the base game.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 01:01

phrozen1 wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 00:00
- Why is a real diplomacy-system (which was announced as a regular feature years ago and has so much potential) still not a thing?
I had forgotten about that, I wonder what happened to those plans.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 01:11

steph_m37 wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:01
but the non-support of Nvidia cards will make me quit the game
Hows X4 doesn't support Nvidia cards? Does it only run on AMD GPUs? :gruebel:
Berni wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:10
No DLSS support? What's the reason you've picked the inferior AMD solution over DLSS?
Because FSR runs on both AMD & Nvidia GPUs.

To both.

The game due to the engine runs 40% faster on Nvidia GPUs comparable to equivalent AMD GPUs. Irrelevant if is on Linux or Windows. Is the game engine.

Almost ALL AMD GPU owners playing X4 find ironic from Nvidia users crying about DLSS, Ray Tracing, FSR. Have you seen any AMD owners here writing "non-support of AMD cards, I will quit the game"? Nope and we do have serious perf issue which is unresolved not some nice to have functionality.

And do not forget. When Egosoft implemented in the 4.10 beta FSR even GTX900 owners were celebrating in here as it gave life to their ancient GPUs, let alone GTX1000 users. (my laptop has GTX1060 6GB desktop 5700XT so I count on both groups).

DLSS doesn't run on anything but RTX2000/3000 series, limiting the investment/benefit to a very narrow subset of users while FSR runs on all NV GPUs at least from GTX900 onwards (many run FSR on GTX700s) and AMD 400 onwards including the Ryzen APUs (on Linux at least R9 290/390 too).

That is a very wide user base.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 01:49

Will the DLC be featuring new audio tracks too ??

Have always enjoyed the X-series compositions ... so very relaxing to listen too :)

Biggtex
x4

Post by Biggtex » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 02:32

Looks phenomenal. Can’t wait.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 03:16

Has there been any sign of reverse engineering or otherwise stealing blueprints for ships and equipment? It's kind of... hard to overstate how important I consider this to pirate gameplay.
***modified***

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 06:17

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 03:16
Has there been any sign of reverse engineering or otherwise stealing blueprints for ships and equipment? It's kind of... hard to overstate how important I consider this to pirate gameplay.
Reverse engineering ship and equipment blueprints would be even more useful for pirates if you could somehow steal/reverse engineer wharf/shipyard/equipment dock modules.

Obviously whatever method there is should be extremely expensive, and/or difficult, due to the huge cost of the blueprints.

Return to “X4: Foundations”