X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

Post by Tamina » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:10

We haven't seen much about Ventures so far, we obviously can't really tell if they are good or not but I like the multiplayer approach if it means I can send ships to my friends on Steam for trading, mining or other purposes. I want to annoy some other moderators just for the sake of it. :P What I have heard so far is not that.

I hope it is an X4-2 like with X3 Reunion->TC->AP :) Who knows. We will know at some point :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:32

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:10
We haven't seen much about Ventures so far, we obviously can't really tell if they are good or not but I like the multiplayer approach if it means I can send ships to my friends on Steam for trading, mining or other purposes. I want to annoy some other moderators just for the sake of it. :P What I have heard so far is not that.

I hope it is an X4-2 like with X3 Reunion->TC->AP :) Who knows. We will know at some point :D
Exactly, with the brief blip of existence it's had so far I can't imagine they would take the risk of dedicating a whole game to it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it does make its next appearance in the next game, considering how it's kind of vanished without a trace in this one.
***modified***

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:07

Ventures is supposed to be coming back in this game though, isn't it?.

I hope so anyway, since it was disabled and we got word from Devs that it would be making a comeback at some point, my game has basicly been mostly biding my time until we can get random resources / paint jobs ecetera again.

The only reason I don't use community mods, and only use the in-game mods is because I don't want the game to be modified so that when Ventures does come back I can still do them.

I haven't seen anyone from Egosoft changing the plan to bring Ventures back anyway, so I really do hope all the waiting has not been for nothing and plans have not changed.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:25

I think it was meant to have come back, but I guess it either took a back seat to other things or suffered some sort of complication?
***modified***

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 21:05

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:04
Maybe I missed it but it never really seemed like their "multiplayer" features ever generated such a massive amount of interest they'd dedicate a game to just that? Especially when a significant portion of their users play modified games, that seems like a bit of a self inflicted shot in the foot.
You all make very good points, i'm sure i'm wrong about that (and I hope very much that I am).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 21:33

Currently attempting to play a pirate-style game. What I really miss is the ability to send out raiding parties to loot and pillage, much as the NPC pirates do. I hope some sort of game mechanic makes it in T of A to make that possible. AARRR! :pirat:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 11:16

HI !
Panos wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 01:11
steph_m37 wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:01
but the non-support of Nvidia cards will make me quit the game
Hows X4 doesn't support Nvidia cards? Does it only run on AMD GPUs? :gruebel:
I misspoke I meant for DLSS only, and yes, I agree with you for the rest, but I invested in a rather expensive card (For blender too)
So that's why I'm going to prefer games optimized with DLSS and it starts to have a lot (listed in each GeForce Experience patch and Nvidia drivers)
but bad luck most of these are games in which I am no longer interested :roll: .
For now, i have only Death stranding (DLSS), Rise of tomb raider(DLSS) and MechWarrior 5 using DLSS + Ray tracing and shadow lights etc, it's just fantastic!
But non DLSS game work fine and X4 I play in 4K, and everything is fine.

Steph.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 18:49

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:07
My only question is "Why?"

Why such an abomination as "Ventures" should exist in the first place?

It was basically a slot machine: you insert a coin (ship), pull the lever, wait for quite a while (doing absolutely nothing in the meantime) and get your lootboxes as a reward.

And to add an injury to the injury, some game content was barred behind this "online component". In a singleplayer game with strong modding community!
Online lootboxes and alienating modders -- implementing "Ventures" was never a good idea.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against "online features" per se. But barring part of the content behind online crap in a singleplayer game will never work, no matter how sophisticated the scheme is. It is the unique experience of interaction with other human players that should be the reward for online component, not some unique paintjobs, ship modifications, or (oh, Great Lord, save EgoSoft from this madness!) exclusive ships and weapons.
What I would definitely enjoy are some online fast-paced dogfights with my tuned fighter craft and my skills against that of other players. No big universe, no economy, no other sectors: just me (and members of my group) against a rival squad. Capture the flag, last (wo)man flying, one on one duel -- no matter. We all like to argue which ship is the best. Imagine how awesome would it be to test your skills against other players and show them your "bird" is the head of the flock!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 08:50

Could you make the image for desktop 1920 x 1080 or higher?

:oops:

Arckame
x4

Post by Arckame » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 02:57

Alm888 wrote:
Fri, 10. Dec 21, 18:49

Why such an abomination as "Ventures" should exist in the first place?

It was basically a slot machine: you insert a coin (ship), pull the lever, wait for quite a while (doing absolutely nothing in the meantime) and get your lootboxes as a reward.

And to add an injury to the injury, some game content was barred behind this "online component". In a singleplayer game with strong modding community!
Online lootboxes and alienating modders -- implementing "Ventures" was never a good idea.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against "online features" per se. But barring part of the content behind online crap in a singleplayer game will never work, no matter how sophisticated the scheme is. It is the unique experience of interaction with other human players that should be the reward for online component, not some unique paintjobs, ship modifications, or (oh, Great Lord, save EgoSoft from this madness!) exclusive ships and weapons.
What I would definitely enjoy are some online fast-paced dogfights with my tuned fighter craft and my skills against that of other players. No big universe, no economy, no other sectors: just me (and members of my group) against a rival squad. Capture the flag, last (wo)man flying, one on one duel -- no matter. We all like to argue which ship is the best. Imagine how awesome would it be to test your skills against other players and show them your "bird" is the head of the flock!
You are considering ventures as they were. But they are changing venture totally, this is why they are not available any more and this is why they take so much time rewriting everything. The coming back ventures may be far away the description you give.
Last edited by Arckame on Sun, 12. Dec 21, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 08:03

so this is gonna be later in the quarter rather than sooner? just trying to set my expectations and not be hyped now if gotta wait 3 months. cheers.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 09:15

Hawkseyez wrote:
Sun, 12. Dec 21, 08:03
so this is gonna be later in the quarter rather than sooner? just trying to set my expectations and not be hyped now if gotta wait 3 months. cheers.
They haven't specified but most likely it will be towards the end of the quarter as it was for Cradle of Humanity, probably sometime mid-late March.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 12:02

Alm888 wrote:
Fri, 10. Dec 21, 18:49
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:07
I know that question is not really at me, but personally I just want Ventures back for the stuff venture ships bring back which I dont seem to be able to get any other way :) .. Probably down to my play style or just being rubbish at finding them or unlucky.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not against "online features" per se.
I am against them in what traditionally is a single player game.

But I have no issue with Ventures because really Egosoft did this feature quite nicely respecting the game series fan base overall preferences in that its not necessary to be online (so I can take my laptop away in a ship with no connectivity and still play my favourite game), it doesn't foster any need for the best in hardware races among customers (ie rich kids who can throw money at the best fps rig every month and win), and it doesn't need a game launching platform app (Steam or GOG Galaxy apps) to be running in the background.

It is a bit of a lottery though, one thing I didn't get chance to test before Ventures got pulled was trying out a really good pilot (4-5 Star) and seeing if the loot rewards were any better on average, not sure if it would have made much difference but wanted to give it a go, I just couldn't raise a good enough pilot before it was taken away.

I'm pretty sure though that Egosoft will be honing the idea into something a bit more special, they always do, even though it takes them years to get there Egosoft are outstanding at polishing their games to be the best they can be.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 14:30

One thing I liked about ventures is the avenue for getting less conventional ships floating around your space. That the rewards are otherwise hard to get is a bit annoying because that part competes with the game's modding scene. But I was hoping someday I'd be able to fight whole player-configured combat fleets that might be a bit more coherent and better equipped than AI ones... just for something to do I guess.

Wish they'd kept the player logos too, that would have been kinda interesting.
***modified***

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 12:42

Hello!

new extension ,old bug not solved , xénons almost disappeared, this extension will have to buy it? , I already:split vendetta ,terrien conflict. 2 DLC the third will have to pay and it will not be better.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 17:11

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 14:15
Wesley Franken wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:13
Don't get me wrong, I love X4 Foundations just as much as X2. But I really miss the beautiful and mighty Boron. Will they ever come to X4?
There is nothing confirmed so far, but Egosoft received a goverment grant to make project codename X-22.
Before that, they received grants for both Pirate DLC and Terran DLC.

X-22 grant is triple the size of Pirate DLC.

This might indicate something massive, like Boron DLC, or a new stand-alone X4 game (like X3AP is stand alone to X3R) with Borons.

This could be also something different, like X4 VR, or X-game with multiplayer, but if I had to bet my lifesavings, I'd bet on a new stand alone X4 game which will add Borons.
Maybe as an expansion? Personally the thought of Boron floating in Levitating jars seems like a half-baked solution when they want the Boron to return in all their beauty and glory.
Maybe they are making a huge expansion for the Boron's return that certain scripts might not be friendly for X4:Foundations and require a rework at the expense of save game compatibility.

As long as we get the Boron and their ships/economy? I will feel content.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 11:52

Not sure if raised the question by others but wondering if recycler can also be used to destroyed stations similar way as to ship wrecks?

This would be nice especially in warzones good addition when you wouldn't need bring all construction materials from elsewhere but get from destroyed enemy stations.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 01:34

BitByte wrote:
Mon, 20. Dec 21, 11:52
Not sure if raised the question by others but wondering if recycler can also be used to destroyed stations similar way as to ship wrecks?

This would be nice especially in warzones good addition when you wouldn't need bring all construction materials from elsewhere but get from destroyed enemy stations.
They did state that this would be possible, I recall Bernd mentioned it in the interview with Captain Collins. I can't find it by skipping through the recorded interview just now but you should be able to find it if you give it a watch.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

TheShear
x4

Post by TheShear » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 22:00

Okay ... I just saw this so let me get this straight.
The next Addon will actually cost money even for CE Owners, is piracy themed, the ships literary look like trash ducktaped together and collect Space trash and are thanks to that also literal trash cans?

Do you have any Idea ...

... how much I love this? I had hoped the Yaki scratch that itch but while the Ships are nice there are only two really.

Well aside from the "costs money" thing" but it had to happen at some point and why not make it fittingly the Piracy addon? Now lemme get the duck tape ready and wait for the Pre Order.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 16:36

TheShear wrote:
Wed, 22. Dec 21, 22:00
Okay ... I just saw this so let me get this straight.
The next Addon will actually cost money even for CE Owners, is piracy themed, the ships literary look like trash ducktaped together and collect Space trash and are thanks to that also literal trash cans?

Do you have any Idea ...

... how much I love this? I had hoped the Yaki scratch that itch but while the Ships are nice there are only two really.

Well aside from the "costs money" thing" but it had to happen at some point and why not make it fittingly the Piracy addon? Now lemme get the duck tape ready and wait for the Pre Order.
It'll be just 15 Euros. That's very cheap in the light of the big effort they put into this. So there's nothing to complain about.
Last edited by Cyron43 on Mon, 3. Jan 22, 23:44, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations”