X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

af_2017
x4

Re: X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

Post by af_2017 » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 16:25

Added to my todo list. Definitely eager to check new things.
Thanks!
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 16:51

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 11:26
I would hope it is an interaction with wrecks from killed ships, so that it matters what is going on around us, and does not merely run dry and never matter again—that would be pretty weird and disappointing.
I saw in the streaming video that when a destroyer was killed, it's wreckage, when selected, indicated and amount of salvageable scrap metal in the bottom right ship info screen, so I am pretty sure that salvaging does apply to ships killed in the game, and not just pre-existing wreckage fields.

Perhaps the pre-existing wreckage fields have very low amounts of actual scrap metal, since you would assume these would have been picked clean of valuable components a while ago?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 17:10

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 16:51
LameFox wrote:
I would hope it is an interaction with wrecks from killed ships, so that it matters what is going on around us, and does not merely run dry and never matter again—that would be pretty weird and disappointing.
I saw in the streaming video that when a destroyer was killed, it's wreckage, when selected, indicated and amount of salvageable scrap metal in the bottom right ship info screen, so I am pretty sure that salvaging does apply to ships killed in the game, and not just pre-existing wreckage fields.

Perhaps the pre-existing wreckage fields have very low amounts of actual scrap metal, since you would assume these would have been picked clean of valuable components a while ago?
That's a relief then... harvesting from existing scrap fields would be a bit like just having a different flavour of mining.
***modified***

kroobzh
x4

Post by kroobzh » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 18:10

I liked the new ships, new interiors! I would like more interactions with the ship inside, and not just decor (especially in a luxury ship). At least sit in a chair)

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 18:29

One of the ship interiors had a swimming pool or was a Boron tank? :gruebel:

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 18:31

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 16:51
LameFox wrote:

This is critical imo, i would like all major ships to have a chance of leaving a useable wreckage in ALL sectors for both you and the AI, so theres a kind of scramble to get the resources, and not a case of it all being laid on only in the Avrice sectors for the player..I've always thought the lack of wrecks in sectors where battles have taken place a missed opportunity for immersive quality's.

I would also hope ALL factions have the ability to salvage with the appropriate ships..

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:25

Poacher886 wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 18:31
I would also hope ALL factions have the ability to salvage with the appropriate ships..
I think they probably wont (the factions). I do however REALLY hope that there are some scavengers in the non-dlc systems.
The teladi should make a new company, 'Ministry of Reclamation' 8) - ego might already have done something like this, guess time will tell, but it would be amazing to see the vultures swoop down on every battlefield and if it doesnt happen in non-dlc sectors then its a big missed opportunity.

On a side note, we havent heard about any new pirate features.
Will pirates now actually take ships, and use those ships? Would be awesome and very much in keeping with the whole 'everything is real' intention of X4, if pirates actually captured and used ships they found.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:50

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:25
Will pirates now actually take ships, and use those ships? Would be awesome and very much in keeping with the whole 'everything is real' intention of X4, if pirates actually captured and used ships they found.
That bothered me too. In the entire interview everytime the interviewer asked about pirates, Bernd answered with scavangers and poor and rich but nothing mentioned about pirate gameplay specific things. At this point, knowing Ego, I am expecting nothing a all regarding pirates.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:57

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:50
Axeface wrote:
That bothered me too. In the entire interview everytime the interviewer asked about pirates, Bernd answered with scavangers and poor and rich but nothing mentioned about pirate gameplay specific things. At this point, knowing Ego, I am expecting nothing a all regarding pirates.
""X4: Ahoy (working title)" is the third content expansion for the space simulation / sandbox game "X4: Foundations", which was first published in 2018. The focus here is on strengthening the playful element of piracy through a significant expansion of the game universe through content elements such as sectors, spaceships, space stations, characters and new factions. In addition, there will be a new storyline that will deal with the topic of piracy in the X-Universe and in particular with the new pirate factions."

I went and got this quote thinking that it said they woul expand piracy, but they worded it very well. It says strengthen the playful element of piracy, you could argue that doesnt mean new features at all, and just a new pirate ship is doing that.

Kinda depressing if thats the case. I was of course expecting piracy features. They may still happen of course, could be part of 5.0.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 20:04

I am really excited about the new expansion "X4: Tides of Avarice", and 5.0 changes, especially new stories/plots, new sector(s) and new faction(s), and a cool new economy based on the recycling!!!
So happy they finally decided to add new ship models for initial X4 destroyers having the crappy models - hoping they will provide a proper replacements for ARG Behemoth and PAR Odysseus, to name 2 main ugly ones.
Added to wish list, can't wait!!

Severson
x4

Post by Severson » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 20:26

How about online ventures in 5.0?

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:14

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:50
Axeface wrote:

Yes, i would really like to play as a pirate empire never needing to actually build a station or base...a kind of mobile fleet based empire, which trades with like minded and welcoming pirate factions..

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:16

Severson wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 20:26
Oh yeah - it's very quiet about ventures?
Are they dropped?

Fazmaster
x4

Post by Fazmaster » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:32

foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 20:04
So happy they finally decided to add new ship models for initial X4 destroyers having the crappy models - hoping they will provide a proper replacements for ARG Behemoth and PAR Odysseus, to name 2 main ugly ones.
Here you can already see two new PAR models including the Odyseus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCrsjZ7xBAU&t=885s

Get them revised was highest rank on my asset wishlist and both look fantastic! <3

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:34

I like that they are using brown paint and hull.

It's a bit homage to X1/X2 paranid design style.
Looking forward what they plan later for ARG and TEL.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:42

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:34
I like that they are using brown paint and hull.

It's a bit homage to X1/X2 paranid design style.
Looking forward what they plan later for ARG and TEL.
Thats just the holy order paint job that their ships already use and its gold.
And I doubt argon will get a facelift, I dont think its needed.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:47

Severson wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 20:26
If ventures started now wouldnt it be filled with asgards? And not knowing how it would work, im guessing xenon would be crushed. Will ships be able to complete their task if there where no xenon in a world?
Credence follow stars.

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 01:27

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 11:20

Towing will be thing! - Wonder if this mechanic will only apply to scrap from wrecked ships, or have more uses (like a hidden ship / rescue mission similar to something we have experienced before in X3 involving a huge yacht).
I'd also like to know this. Also... Can we use them on escape pods to pick up prisoners? There were a few short frames of a Paranid silhouette in a brig/prison cell. Though the darkness in that scene makes me think the characters identity is important.

SirBerrial
x4

Post by SirBerrial » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 11:14

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:42
And I doubt argon will get a facelift, I dont think its needed.
I feel that while PAR and, to a lesser extent, TEL suffer from sad cap ships, ARG has pretty sad lineup of the smaller ships.
And while caps are alright even as they are right now, they could still use a bit of a facelift just to bring them to the same level of quality as redone PAR and DLC ships.

On another note, are there plans to fill all of the missing encyclopedia entries? I'd love to have some more flavor.

PainGod85
x4

Re: The next expansion for X4 - Join us for the reveal on Thursday, November 25, 2021

Post by PainGod85 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 11:56

Bernd wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:27
Ahh but Boso only has the best of intentions ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcvH4b0Opk
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."
[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations”