What is the point of the "failed orders" queue?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

What is the point of the "failed orders" queue?

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 16:02

In most cases, these failed orders just add to menu clutter, and do not provide useful information. I would rather they simply not be shown.

Sound19
x4

Re: What is the point of the "failed orders" queue?

Post by Sound19 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 06:48

the concept seems good, because it's theoretically useful for troubleshooting. But in practice, yeah, it's clutter and confusion. And since the status lingers, you can't actually use it to alert you promptly. Too many ships are gonna have that tag. Another thing that I don't understand managing to make it's way into a release.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 07:07

Recently it told me that an empty boa I sent to pick up 13 advanced electronics failed due to insufficient cargo space. Which is fascinating, but raises more questions than it answers. :gruebel:
***modified***

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 16:02

Yeah, I find that they are not useful at all, as by the time I find out that there even is an issue, the thing has moved on or I just quickly adjust. The only use is to let me know if something went wrong AND the ship it's self is doing nothing. Then it is a vague indicator that the ship has been "stuck" for a while. Too vague to really be of any concrete use though. Stuck for how long? idk, all I know is that the trade failed. Could have been an hour ago, could have been a minute ago. Moreover, I don't care that the trade failed. That information is both useless and meaningless to me. What I care about is whether or not that ship is cluttering up my UI. What I care about is whether or not that ship can automate it's self by searching for a new trade (If it has a trade-based assignment).

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 00:00

Just to constantly annoy and distract you, as so much of this "UI" is apparently meant to do. I made a similar thread, no relevant responses. Apparently the game is meant to be played THROUGH it's preposterously stupid UI, which could be so much easier with hotkeys (1-5) for each mouseclick. This would allow both hands to work together. But.... nah. GFY

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 08:36

If I have 10 stations, each with a low amount of traders, say 5 traders each.... that's 50 traders, bare minimum. I usually have 8 per station, and more than 10 stations... plus the miners, plus the free traders/miners not attached to stations.

It COULD be useful info, but it isn't in its current form. I don't ever look at it. As long as my traders are not stuck full of wares, I don't really care. And i quickly check through all my traders every so often to make sure no one is stuck full of anything. Now THAT would be a useful message.... like stuck at 70% full. But I'd prefer like an orange exclamation point, or something like that, on the map view next to the ship, so they stand out and I can fix the problem.

Perhaps we could come up with a list of ALTERNATE notifications that are also/more useful. Also, a checklist so we can pick and choose which notifications are displayed.

Return to “X4: Foundations”